Sunday, March 29, 2009

Been A While...I Know

Yes, it has been a while since I posted anything. I know all 2 of you out there are eagerly waiting for my next intriguing post! So, without further adieu....here it is!

I have nothing really to say that feels important enough to write down. Whew! That felt good to say.

I will instead share a few funny things that my kids have said recently.

Caroline: Mom?

Me: Yes Caroline?

Caroline: It is blowy outside.

Me: Blowy?

Caroline: Yes. And if I go outside right now, my dress will wind away!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We went to see Monsters vs. Aliens last night. One character is a big blob of blue goo named Bob. Bob has one eye and is made of nothing really...most importantly...no brain. We left the movie to go to a great little Italian place for dinner and Caroline was asking a ridiculous amount of insane questions.

Caroline: Are you my parents? Is this our car? That car right there is NOT our car but this one we are in IS our car, right mom? Are we on the interstate? Is my name Caroline? Is Will's name Will?

(Will got frustrated and thus said...)

Will: Can we just call her Bob?

(We almost hyperventilated from laughing so hard)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Driving home one day from school)

Caroline: Look at me!

Caroline: Look at ME!

Caroline: LOOK AT ME!

(got quiet for maybe 30 seconds)

Will: Mom, make her stop looking at me!

Caroline: Well, he won't stop not looking at me!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was watching "Nights in Rodanthe" this morning and got a little misty eyed at the end....(if you haven't seen it...just know it is a Nicholas Sparks movie...think of the ending of "Message in a Bottle" and "The Notebook"! Mark said he hates this author!) Anyway...Caroline walked into the room and over to me and looked directly into my eyes.

Caroline: Mom, why are your eyes like that?

Me: This is just sad. (meaning the movie)

Caroline: Your eyes are sad?

Me: Yes, my eyes are sad.

Caroline: I am sorry your eyes are sad, mom. Maybe they will get happy soon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know, not a great post. I warned you that I had nothing to say.

I will say this and it IS important, please pray for Stellan (MckMama's youngest son). He is in the hospital and has been for one week so far with a heart condition. Her blog will keep you up to date and so will her twitters.

Paige

1 comment:

  1. I must be one of the 2....i love reading your updates! Tell Caroline to feel better and that I can't wait to play with her at the beach!:)

    ReplyDelete