Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Family's Not Me

I wrote this Sunday afternoon but did not post until 12:35am on Monday...but it is showing up as a Sunday post...just wanted to clear that up!





Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


My Family



My family LOVES basketball...Love may be too weak of a word. We are never more on fire for something other than our Lord and Savior than we are during the all wonderful, all amazing...

MARCH MADNESS! That always starts with the ACC Tournament! My parents bought 2 tickets this year, and my oldest sister Leigh Ann, bought 3 (for her husband and 2 boys). The ACC was in Atlanta this year and so I decided that if the Tarheels were still playing on Saturday and Sunday that I would have my dad buy my 2 tickets and I would take my brainwashed Tarheel sonWill to the games!

My sister and her 3 year old daughter decided to come to my house to stay for the weekend...and my mom decided that she would come too and give my son her ticket for the weekend.



I was NOT the least bit bitter....no not me! I would never feel ill feelings toward my mostly innocent six year old child because HE got to go to the tournament and I did not...nope, not me!

And I DEFINITELY was NOT jealous that the hotel he stayed in was THE Carolina hotel...complete with the team and the coaching staff and the former players....Nope, not me! I would NEVER EVER be jealous! Not me!

I am not still bitter and wishing I had been there because I do NOT hold grudges! Not me! And to top it off, I am totally OVER the fact that the Tarheels lost in the semi-final game because I would never let a basketball game ruin my day or weekend. Nope, not me!







I would never be emotionally conflicted over this sweet child's ability to have the time of his life with his cousins and uncle and grandpa...Nope, not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment