Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Day at the Pool and Then Some

We got the best invitation Friday...a friend of mine called and said, "Got plans for this afternoon?"

Well, while I would like to say that my social calendar stays full all of the time, it does not. And so I said, "No, we have none to speak of, why?"

"We would like for you to go to the pool with us."

Score! We have only our baby pool in the driveway and so I got all excited thinking about a REAL pool and the fun the kids would have and how they would have someone to play with so I would have to do little entertaining...AND I MIGHT EVEN GET TO HAVE AN ADULT CONVERSATION!!!!


"So, what pool do yall go to?"

"Oh, the Country Club."

Uh Oh! The Country Club does not scare me...I do not worry about the fact that I am much more redneck than "country club." Am I country club material? Are my kids? I called my husband and asked him what I should be ready for and he said, "I don't know--but whatever you do, DON'T embarrass me!" Auuhhhh...thanks hon! So I gave my kids the talk. We are not just going to Ms. Julie's house, there are rules to follow and there will be other people there we need to be respectful of. They nodded their heads and seemed to understand. They even saluted in agreement.


When I told my son where the country club was, "You know that golf course we pass on the way to church...we are going there to swim." He didn't look as excited as he had five minutes earlier so I asked him what was wrong...He said, "But mom, I don't want to swim in the lake..." (there is a pond we can see from the road and he assumed that is where we were going swimming). I laughed hard and told him they have an actual pool and we don't have swim in the lake. :0 Out of the mouths of babes...

We didn't stay long because it was 112 degrees outside...just somewhere around five hours.

We had a great time and are so thankful for the invitation. By the time we got home, we realized that perhaps our sunscreen really isn't sweatproof/waterproof. And I learned a VERY important lesson....NEVER LET YOUR 6 YEAR OLD PUT SUNSCREEN ON YOUR BACK! We were slightly burned...me more than kids which was good when Mark got home. He was not happy that his kids looked like crabs...but he felt better about them when he saw me and he felt sorry for me too! :)

Saturday, after Will's baseball practice, we left for Alpharetta to visit with Mark's parents. We got there and the kids played for a while telling their grandparents lots of funny stories (funny, you know, only to a grandparent) and then they asked to go swimming.


New goggles to keep his "eyes from getting red" in the pool...he was so excited. Wore them on the way to the pool before he ever hit the water!

Caroline looks like a bad halloween costume to me...how many different colors is she sporting?
"NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!", yelled my sunburn, but off we went anyway. Mimi and Grandddaddy's pool has a waterslide...like a waterslide you get to go down at a waterpark. Needless to say, we parked it in front of that slide for an extended amount of time.



Will came up out of the water after coming down the slide with a, "That was totally awesome!"
Caroline squealed with delight each time down and before she ever got out of the pool she was begging for another ride!

We had a good two days with Mimi and Granddaddy...going back to the pool on Sunday. We even stayed to attend a patriotic music celebration at their church...only to find out that it is next Sunday! LOL

We are resting up today (and I am doing the laundry that seemed to multiply over the weekend) and getting ready for Will's baseball tournament to begin tonight. We are so excited since game time temperature should be somewhere around 90 degrees with the heat index pushing it up to about 98! SCORE!










No comments:

Post a Comment