Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me!



Welcome to Not Me, Monday; created by MckMama for therapy purposes. Jump over to her blog to read her Not Me's and a bunch of others too! Believe me, some are side-splitting!

I did not take my children to see the movie "UP" and did not completely need a tissue for the not-so-obvious-to-kids-sad parts. "Really?" you are asking yourself, "You did not need a tissue for a Disney 3-D movie?" Oh, and I so did not use the butter-covered napkins as my impromptu tissues only to discover the next day that I did not have an entire constellation of zits on my face!

I did NOT cook all of the meat in the house (as well as the meat I did not panic-buy at the grocery store) on Wednesday in preparation for a procedure I was not having on Thursday. I did not cook filets, ribeyes, chicken, hotdogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cob. I did not slightly burn all of it either! I do not still have some of it in the frig. I did not have to explain to my husband that we were certainly not having company that night, I just felt the need to burn things apparently in light of my procedure on Thursday. My husband did not just look at me and nod his head and say nothing (which is not miraculous after reading this).

I did not go in for a cryoablation on Thursday and I did not get to take valium for it. I did not find out that I drool on valium because I do not have any recollection of most of that day. I did not also find out that if your blood pressure drops from 148/97 to 88/66 in five minutes you are not dying (for real...you aren't)...even if you feel like it.

I did not come home from Vacation Bible School on Sunday by way of Walmart for a new faucet for my bathroom. I did not have a perfectly working faucet before I left for VBS, and I certainly am not worried that I do not have a working faucet still as of this morning. I am not worried at all that the man (Mark) who is fixing my faucet did not paint the house in a timely fashion (3 YEARS!!!) or that said man still has not finished the kitchen he started last April. Nope, I am not worried AT ALL!

What have you not been doing this week? Trust me, this is GOOD therapy and comes highly recommended...or maybe not!

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment