Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a week!

We are knee deep in "stuff" this week. We have VBS, we have baseball games (even though the league said that they play until one week after school is out...which was three weeks ago), basketball camp, dental appointments, Father's Day coming up and somewhere along the way I need to do laundry, dishes, and clean the house! OH man...I am already going to tell you that I am not a success this week (and it is only Tuesday)! :) I am exhausted. I am drained. I am feeding my children fast food for lunch each day. Did I mention I am exhausted? Isn't this supposed to be summer---which by definition is "A period of fruition, fulfillment, happiness, or beauty." I can tell you right now, beauty is NOT how you would describe me currently in my exhausted state!

I don't have much to say/share except that I am thinking that I have allowed the excuse, "I am a horrible person on birth control which is why I can't and haven't taken it in 7 years" to allow me to snap and be really short-tempered with the ones I love. I am saying here...for all 2 of you to see, that I am not going to let that be my excuse. I may be more proned to a bad attitude...sure that horrible drug may alter my mood, but I CHOOSE my actions/words/attitudes. So I am going to choose nice...I will be the nice Paige....at least...I will try! :)

Not to be too serious, since some of you read this for its awesome humor, let me share a cute story. Will wanted us to stay today at basketball camp for the ENTIRE 3 hours. I said I would... (think: "Nice Paige") and then I attempted to entertain Caroline for those 3 hours. She eventually found a friend to run around with and I was able to take some (very dark) pictures(I had to add "fill-light when I downloaded to even see if it was Will in the frame)...(I NEED A NEW CAMERA) and watch Will play in a few games. When camp was ending and everyone was going to the "big gym" I told Caroline she had to quit running the halls with strangers (hope that is not a sign of things to come in high school) and come with me. She shrugged her shoulders and looked up at me and said, "Hey,what's in your wallet." She cracks me up...










I did play ball in high school and I am pretty sure your follow through is not supposed to go off to the side like that! But hey...it has been a long time since I played, so maybe I don't know as much as I thought I did...

:)

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment