Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop Favorite Recipe

This recipe is near and dear to my heart. It is not anything fancy and a lot of you might already do this...but this was a standard in my grandma's kitchen WHENEVER we came to visit. It was my favorite and my grandma was the best at fixing it. I watched, learned and now when my family gets together, it is my responsibility to fix it. I am honored to be able to do this...although I do not think I can cook it as well as grandma. Plus there is that whole issue of one of my sisters who does not eat dairy or gluton...so she is out on this one...and the kids don't think it looks like it is supposed to (because it doesn't look like Kraft)...but there is never any left over when the vultures stop devouring!
Enjoy!!!


Homemade Mac and Cheese
1 box Elbow noodles
4 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 eggs
3 cups milk1 stick of butter
1/4 cup of sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste


*Cook noodles according to box; drain and place in 9 X 13 pan.
*Cut butter into thin squares and "punch" under the noodles (that is how my grandmother's recipe was passed down). Mix until butter is all melted.
*"Punch" cheese under noodles saving some to put on top.
*Beat eggs and milk together, add sour cream to egg and milk mixture, add salt and pepper and pour mixture over noodles.
*Make sure the liquid covers the noodles.
*Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of casserole.
*Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.



MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great. I make one very similar and it is always a hit. (I love Wild Olive Tees, I have 3 of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mac and cheese, I've never used eggs before though. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make it like that all the time never with the sour cream though I bet that tastes good thanks

    would u mind leaving me a comment on this post please
    http://nightowlmama.blogspot.com/2009/07/funniest-five-momfinitions.html

    thanks so much

    ReplyDelete