Monday, July 20, 2009

(Blue) Devil with the (Carolina) Blue Dress On

Ok--so that title has to be the most confusing one EVER used...and to explain it in a way that is going to make you laugh, may take me all night. And it is late tonight...and I drove 7 hours home today after being gone for 22 days...but one of my sisters is pressuring me to put this out there, so I am pressing on for her...even when all I want to do is unfold into my bed! :)


Little background...

We are a basketball family. I have 2 sisters and one brother. The oldest of those sisters (Leigh Ann)went to Duke and my middle sister and I went to North Carolina. My brother, graduated from South Carolina...that does not really fit into this story...I just did not want to leave him out. :) We are a divided family during basketball season. Leslie is big enough to cheer for Duke when they play someone outside of the ACC, but I have not yet reached that level of stupidity maturity.

My middle sister Leslie is married to a great guy. He loves the game of basketball and loves helping young people. He has taken those two passions and combined them into a basketball camp that Leslie has run?, I have run? he has had for the past 12 years in Chapel Hill, NC. It is a Christian basketball camp for boys ages 10-17. The goal is to teach them about basketball/improve their skills in basketball and create in them a love and passion for living a Godly life.

This year's theme was improving your core. You can't move on a daily basis without using your core muscles and you can't grow and develop in your walk with God without focusing on the core principals of Christianity. They learn verses from the Bible that coordinate with the theme...verses that represent Character, Integrity, Stewardship, Honesty, Courage (I work this camp every year and did this year...in fact it just ended...and I am not sure I remembered the "core words" correctly...how sad is that)! Anyway, they have opportunities to win candy if they can memorize and repeat the verses each day and then if called on during one of the huddle times to recite a verse, you win a signed basketball from a great selection of teams/coaches/players. The boys also play a ton of games working their way to the championship game. It is very tiring but lots of fun for the campers and this year my two oldest nephews had the privilige of attending camp.


Their mom went to Dook Duke. Can't you tell?



(and yes, those were the BEST pictures I could find of my Duke-loving nephews!)
Back to their mom (who corrupted them to begin with)....


She came to camp and helped Leslie out by getting our yummy dinners ready each day. We would have starved, or spent a lot of money on take-out, if Leigh Ann had not been there. We let her out of the big house for a few hours a day and she chose to come and watch her sons play basketball at the above mentioned camp. During one of the down times (and obviously NOT after a lesson on character or integrity) Leigh Ann looked over at my brother-in-law and makes a bet with him.


Now, let me stop here and say that I do not condone betting. I did not encourage this behavior nor did I aid either side in deciding on the appropriate "payment" if they won the bet. I would never get caught up in the moment of something so inappropriate at a boys' Christian basketball camp...


The bet was over the number of shoes he had versus my sister Leslie. Leigh Ann was working on OLD knowledge...old knowledge of my BIL("brother-in-law"--you are welcome Leslie) having enough shoes to wrap around their huge walk-in closet at least twice. Leigh Ann spouted out without thinking(...hmmm...could it be related to her education?) that she was sure that our BIL had more shoes than Leslie. They made an important stipulation to the bet...the shoes counted would only be the ones IN THE CLOSET (this is not important, really, but funny later on).


If Leslie had less than BIL, BIL had to wear a Duke hat to his camp the next day and wear it as he called all the kids together (being a former player at Carolina...that could have cost him his life....see what betting can do to you?) and if Leslie had more shoes than BIL, Leigh Ann would have to dress herself and her kids in North Carolina gear, get her picture taken at center court at the Dean Dome and use it as her Christmas card picture wear BIL's practice jersey, get her picture taken at center court and be placed on my blog.


I must interject again...that is really no punishment for Leigh Ann...not like it could have been for BIL...I mean, I only have 3 readers on this blog! whooooo...that is gonna hurt her...she should have had to follow through with the Christmas card one SHE SHOOK ON!!! I might have to make a link on my facebook so she can get more exposure.


We got home and BIL and Leigh Ann head off to the closet together (that was weird to write). They count BIL's shoes...22. 22? Seriously? Being a shoe lover, I am secretly SO disappointed in him...only 22 shoes. I thought it would be close...perhaps Leigh Ann has a chance...but then we started counting...Leslie had shoes hidden behind other shoes...shoes with heels on them that I know good and well she does not wear...they would not match her t-shirts and athletic shorts...shoes that have been around for longer than they should have been...we counted 32.


No way would I have thought she had 10 more pair than him. NO.WAY. Leigh Ann waived the white flag and BIL danced around as the winner. We gave our kids showers and were putting pajamas on them in the shoe closet when Leigh Ann spotted more shoes of Leslie's under her jeans hanging in her closet. We pushed the number to 40. I started looking around the house and came up with about 10 more pair of her shoes...and that does not even include the shoes she got from that presale-sale.


Leslie has 52 pairs of shoes? And yet she runs around in tennis shoes or flip flops about 360 days a year. Too bad Leslie has Cinderella feet and I have wicked stepsister-sized feet...or she would have been down some shoes when I left. 52, Leslie?


Anyway...the next day, Leigh Ann had to pay for her sins own up to the price of the debt and so here it is...The Blue Devil Sister has finally come over from the dark side...she has mended her devilish ways and she is beginning to see the light blue light at the end of the tunnel.




So, there you have it...The Devil with the Blue Dress On!
Paige

5 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!! I could imagine the whole scenario.....only wish I'd known she was there so I could have come over and taken the picture myself!!

    Patti Hardee Donnelly
    Using Brynn's gmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !.
    You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ibyduhuf.freewaywebhost.com/nahipyw.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://qofyzebave.angelcities.com/qazupex.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
    I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
    Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
    It's all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

    You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    [url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
    There is no initial capital needed.
    You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
    for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
    and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete