Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Last Post with Pictures...for now

Ok, so we have been here a week and we have stayed so busy...

Let's see if I can get this all in one blog...

We have gone to the beach...then gone to the pool...then the beach...then the pool...then the beach....then the pool...oh-you get my drift!

We do have some traditions around here while the whole gang is here (minus my significant other...sure wish he was here as he is the ONLY one missing!). We get up semi-early and walk five miles to The Pig (the Piggly Wiggly grocery store). We don't rush around (unless it is Sunday and we are all trying to get to church)... we go to the batting cages/movies/arcade/putt-putt course...and we log some serious hours on the beach and at the pool! It is fun family time no matter what our days hold.

This week has held more of the same of the above mentioned stuff...with camera shopping thrown into the mix. I have wanted a new camera...more megapixels...better zoom. I am not a professional photographer but I do LOVE to take pictures (as evidenced by my 234 photos taken just this week!). I went looking for my camera...just knew the store I had seen it in just 2 weeks ago would have it...and they did not! So frustrating. But old, low megapixel camera would have to keep trudging on...

And it did...til today. The boys were playing a very exciting game of beach football and I was totally enthralled with watching...so much so that I did not see Mike coming at me...or even think that what happened next might actually happen. I dropped my camera in the ocean...IN the ocean. Oh my! My heart sank...so many memories I won't be able to capture...so many smiles, frowns, tears, belly laughs, silly moments are going to pass me by with no chance of catching it and saving it for forever (or until my computer crashes)! I am so sad. So, it is with much sadness that I give you the last pictures taken with my no-good, though trusty, low megapixel camera!

(I am letting it air out tonight in hopes that maybe, JUST maybe, it will work again)! And really, I do have some pics I have not shown you...so there may be more posts with pics soon...just not with fresh pictures...they will be old...and stale... :)

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment