Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah

Yeah, yeah, I know...it has been awhile. Blah, blah, blah....you don't really want to hear my excuses do you? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Tonight, we had breakfast for dinner. Some people call that dinfest or brinner but we just call it breakfast for dinner. My kids love it. It is bacon, eggs and pancakes. And so it was for dinner tonight. Well, they were supposed to be pancakes...they were more like crepes, though, instead of pancakes. Thin, wispy, almost see-through crepes. And I had nothing to stuff in them like IHOP does...just added some butter and syrup and promised my kids that those paper-thin, imitations on their plate WERE pancakes! They ate them...Will ate most of them.

Caroline's stomach hurt because her bowel issues are still, well...issues sometimes. She needed to go to the bathroom and wouldn't but also could not eat. You know, three years old, tiny belly, no relief for days=no room for more food. So Will volunteered to eat her food. He ate her bacon, her pancakes and what was left of her eggs (she had taken a few bites). I asked him if he had enough and he said yes (and I believed him).

I left the remaining pancake/crepe thingies along with the bacon and eggs on the counter and went back to type up a list of food that children with peanut and tree nut allergies can eat (more on that later). About 20 minutes later, Will comes bopping into the room as happy as a peacock (don't know what that means...are peacocks always happy? How can we tell? Do they talk to us--give us a feather up if they are happy, a feather down if they aren't?....I digress). He proudly announces that there is currently only one piece of bacon left and he is thinking about going to scarf that down. I panic and say, "Will, honey. Daddy hasn't eaten yet. Please leave him at least one whole piece of bacon." Oh wait...that wasn't it...it was more like, "WILL!!!!!! YOUR DAD HASN'T EATEN YET!!!!!!" Poor kid...he was so sad...as sad as a peacock.... LOL!

Anyway, Caroline finally went to the bathroom (with success...I feel I should add that because we have many bathroom trips that have tons of pushing SOUNDS and no progress) and then she emerged a ravenous being. You know the "shove-it-all-into-her-mouth-"I-am-so-hungry"-little girl! I could not get food into her little body fast enough. So I left it up to her daddy(who was finally home and none the wiser on his lack of bacon)...and who is also the king of snack food. And I went to exercise.

My goal since starting back to "the job" has been to get up early (before 5am) and work out before I leave for work--so I don't have to do it in the afternoon when I am absolutely exhausted and have zero energy. I did it, too, for 8 whole months, weeks, uhmmm days. Then I realized...THIS IS FOR THE BIRDS (ha! The....peacocks...maybe)....I AM TIRED! So, I started working out at night. I have been successful on this plan for two whole days! I know, you are jealous of my committment aren't you? Well, don't be. Jealousy is a sin. :) I will let you know how this goes...so far...I can't see any results.

I know you are dying to know about the whole "list of food that children with peanut and tree nut allergies can eat" aren't you? Well, I have one of those. I have a child who is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. Ahhhh, that feels so good to get off my chest. I wasn't trying to hide it from you. I promise. I didn't think it mattered at the current time. But I started to worry...what if you all start sending me gifts full of peanuts and tree nuts and Caroline gets into them? I better tell my faithful readers....they would feel so bad if that happened... LOL! Actually, each year at school we have to do an Emergency Preparedness Plan to be ready for any emergency situation (attack on the school, fire, bomb threat, weather incidents, etc). My assistant principal asked me for some ideas for snacks we should have on hand that anyone (even those with a nut allergy) could eat under these types of situations. I had a list at home, but it was ragged so I retyped it, added some more facts, a lesson on reading labels and before I knew it the "list" was 4 pages long...and the bacon was gone! :) Anyway...that is the story. Aren't you glad you waited around for it?

And speaking of weather incidents...(in the paragraph just above this one)...I just wanted to say that we have had some weird weather lately due to Tropical Storm Someone (I can't remember his/her name) and I just wanted to share something with you. My parents moved to the beach 6 years ago...and you know, every beach homeowner's worst nightmare is hurricane season, right?....well, in the last 6 years, I have been out of school more times for the remnants of a hurricane, than the schools in their beachfront town have been out for actual hurricanes (I believe the score is me: 3 them: 0.) And another fun fact...I live in the mountain area of my state (for those of you from actual mountain states like Colorado, let me be clear...these are HILLS to you)...and that same little beachfront town was out more for snow days last year than we were (score is me:0 them: 2).

It must be that whole global warming thing.

I know, blah, blah, blah!

Paige

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, yes I was aware that Caroline is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, as she told me this every night in bed at the beach......same convo every night, but i enjoyed it every time! Give her a kiss!:)

    ReplyDelete