Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chances Are....

I am so sorry that I have not been around this week. I have wanted to be here...really I have! I have felt a void in my soul without my bloggey friends. My "real" job, the paying one, started back this week. Now, I am not saying that I like my summer job of beaching it and blogging it better than shaping the minds of young children...

Oh, who am I kidding...yes I do!

But because I haven't been around I thought it would be fun to share about this horrific, stressful, lack of sleep-filled long week. So here it goes...

Chances are......

......if my kids need a haircut(Ms. Julie lets us stay for hours and play and swim).......then we miss our bedtime.

......if we run out of milk......then my kids will ask for cereal, chocolate milk, and milk & cookies.

......if our state decides to make state employees take furlough days......then our county will take a pre-planning day from us, knowing we will show up anyway (which I did NOT)!

......if I try to get work done in my room at school......then I am constantly interrupted with senseless meetings that last forever!

.....if I try to stay late to work......then my computer will die, my projector will half fall from the ceiling and my activboard will not work.

......if I get home late and I am dog-tired......then there will be dishes in the sink (they are there even if I get in early and I am as chipper as a kid at Disney World).

......if I try to get some much needed rest because I have been working at school each night until after 7......then my brain will not let me sleep.

......if I finally fall asleep one of those nights around 3am......then Will will wake up with nightmares and want to talk about it.

.....if I set my alarm to get up early enough to exercise before work......then I will sleep right through it.

......if I sleep in my workout clothes in order to save time in the am......then I won't actually get up to work out.

......if I get Caroline out of bed still half asleep to throw her in the car......then she will ask me how many more days we have to do this!

......if I am on the computer right now......then I am procrastinating all the work I still have left to do tonight.

......if I blink too many times......then my little baby boy might be starting 1st grade tomorrow! :(

Happy Friday!

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment