Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!

Happy Birthday Dad!!

I have no idea how old my dad is today, but that isn't really what is important. I am pretty sure that my dad probably doesn't know how old he is either! :)

I have had the absolute privilege of having the best dad ever. My dad has spent his life in service to others. He had a long and distinguished career in the army and went many times to fight for you and me to be able to blog in freedom.

He taught me a very important lesson that I have NEVER forgotten...
"If you don't want it read, don't write it.
If you don't want it seen, don't do it.
If you don't want it heard, don't say it."

I still live by those words...sometimes...I really should try harder to .... but regardless it is the BEST advice.

And he taught me how to see the good in all people. And I do mean ALL! Even those that could be deemed "Heavenly Sandpaper." He is upbeat and positive, full of love and ready to help anyone. He loves his grandchildren unconditionally and wishes his whole family lived down the road from him (or that is what he says anyway). He is good people and I am truly blessed!

Happy Birthday Dad!

I love you!
Paige


1 comment:

  1. Paige, that was so awesome!!! How did you do that? I need to learn!

    ReplyDelete