Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blog Harvest Party

Lynette Kraft is having a Blog Harvest Party this week. I so enjoy her parties :o) She put some questions together for all of us to answer to get to know each other better.

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
Chips, pretzels, water...unless there is birthday cake in the house...

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
Petty-sound machine...can't sleep without my son's on each night.


3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
BEACH!!!! With a house in the mountains on a farm. Now, I don't want to WORK the farm...just visit...but I love me some beach!
4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
They are all my least favorite. Mopping is the worst for me!

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
This is really embarrassing...when the whole Clinton/Lewinsky thing happened....I was told I look like Monica. Isn't that just what every girl wants to be told...I had to resist the urge to go buy a beret and a navy blue dress.



More recently...Khloe Kardashian...again...not so much the compliment but more because she is known as "the fat sister"....



Around town here there is a girl who sings at church who is jam up good and the little old ladies in the church always tell me I did a great job after she sings. I just smile and say thank you!


6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
Both...I am a social butterfly. I love to be home during the week but on the weekends, I can't keep an opening on my social calendar...haha! Just kidding. I do love to socialize (read: "talk") so a good combo of both is great for me.

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Hope Floats. Totally cheesy but I love it!



8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
Kari is going to be so disappointed in me....but I almost NEVER take my makeup off at night. I think tonight I will...just because I know better for now...it won't last though.








9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I wish I could sing...on key. I am not sure you can "learn" this, but I would if I could (or could afford it...I fear it would cost way too much to get me on key... :) )

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I was stumped on this one so I asked my husband...he said I make a mean homemade macaroni and cheese. In his kindness, he also added eating my weight in Milk Duds. I have no comment.

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
His quietness and his eyes and his smile.

12. What is something you love to smell?
The smell of a fire in the fireplace on a cold, winter day. MMMM....I can smell it now!

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I don't answer my phone very often. I know, for someone who is loves to socialize, that doesn't fit. But sometimes, I just don't want to talk. Mark calls it my Jeckle and Hyde personalities.

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
HA! is right...we put it in the kids college funds or we save it for something extra to do with them (like Disney World...)...but that is so rare I may be remembering wrong!

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
I’m a loud laugher!!!! Loud and probably obnoxious. And when I get laughing hard, I cannot stop. And then I usually start crying and can't breathe. This could go on forever...


My kids make me laugh...watching them play Wii Resort Sports--the jet ski one--oh.my.word. I cannot explain how hilarious it is...Funniest Videos...dumb movies I watch with my friend Julie.

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Ann Taylor. Ann Taylor Loft. Ann Taylor Outlet. I don't get to shop much, but that is my first choice for me...

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
Exercise. Read. Write.

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
I can be both (though that statement makes my husband laugh out loud).

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
Temperance Brennan (from the TV show Bones).


20. Would you want to be famous?
No.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, birthday cake and the beach - that's my heaven on earth! Loved this! So nice to meet you! Have I used enough exclamation points yet? ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I laugh anymore while reading this???
    So....I hear my sons sound machine on the monitor and my daughters music cd all night long. Without them on I have problems falling asleep.
    I LOVE the beach. But if I lived there, I wouldn't want to work. I'd want to be outside all the time enjoying the water in sun. So, the foothills of Colorado it is!
    In 1999 my husband (we weren't married yet) and I were Bonnie and Clyde for halloween...I should find a picture and post it. I had a beret and a gun and hubby had on a suit and a fedora hat and people thought we were Monica and Bill. Haha. The fat sister makes me laugh.
    LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. Hope Floats. Even hubby does "Come sit by me." "Bill, can't see that." Sure you know those lines...
    LOL about taking your makeup off. You do as you please. I think I'm the only one I know who washes their face at night :o)
    Could I please have your mac n cheese recipe. I'm tired of my home made one that I've been using for four years.
    Love me some milk duds too.
    I don't always answer my phone either. Just because I have one doesn't mean I'm obligated to answer it.
    I laugh so hard I cry and I then I have problems breathing too. I cough a lot after wards...
    Wow, I guess I could have just made this a post.
    So fun to learn all this. Have a good night ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great to read! I love Lynnettes'e party ideas... thanks for posting so that I could get to "meet " your blog, and come back again!
    You sound like a fun kind of gal!!

    ReplyDelete