Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Me!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not let my husband clean the house by himself on Wednesday while I sat with my feet up in the recliner. I would never act like that when we have company coming on Thursday...even if I did not KNOW we had company coming on Thursday. I would jump in there and help. I would NEVER just leave it all up to him...not me!

I did not THINK I had responded to the cake lady for Caroline's birthday cupcakes and then find out THE DAY BEFORE I was supposed to pick them up that I had, in fact, not responded at all. She was NOT totally gracious and did not go ahead and make them for my anyway. That so was not me...I always plan ahead and never wait til the last minute for anything.

I did not catch much grief from friends at work for not planning a big, elaborate party for Caroline. I did not defend myself by telling them she did not have friends her age to party with. I did not hear myself later in the week coming out of my daughter's mouth telling someone who asked her if she was having a party for her birthday say, "No. I don't have any friends." I would never let that happen! Not me!

I did not prompt my daughter to say "Japanese Steak House" when daddy asked her where she wanted to eat for her birthday. I would never be that sneaky or devious. Not me. (And, by the way, I did not totally enjoy my meal at the Japanese Steak House)!

I do NOT have a little girl, my baby, who is four years old. She did NOT turn four on Saturday. It cannot be possible. Four? Not me. My baby is still a baby! Ok, not really! :)

What have you NOT been doing this week?

paige

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great post, and I love the rest of your blog that I've read! We have very similar writing styles. Think I'll follow along for awhile.

    ReplyDelete