Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Long Overdue Post

WOW! I am so overdue for a post on this blog of mine. I cannot believe I have waited so long to update...I have had two family birthdays...one for each of my sisters whom I love greatly and did not miss posting on their birthday on purpose...and we, as a family, have had a tough week as one of our own was deployed and will be gone for at least a year. We have cried more this week than should be legally allowed. So, please pray for us...we sure could use it! Now, so we don't cry more.....

....on to the other news that you have been missing. We had trunk or treat last week and so enjoyed ourselves. We knew Will would be missing Halloween night trick or treating because he was going to a big college football with dad, my brother and my nephew. So we got super excited when Haley and her kids asked us to go to trunk or treat with them. I toted a very powerful "Bumblebee" Transformer and a super cute Super Girl with me that night. We had fun and even met up with an FBI agent and a witch (who must have been a good witch because she was super sweet to Caroline that night). We got lots of candy and checked off Halloween from our list! :)



The next night, after trunk or treat, life was a little boring. Mark took Will with him to a softball game and we had planned for me to pick him up from the ball field before Mark had a late flag football game (and no, I am not married to a college kid...just a big kid...trapped in a 37 year old moaning and groaning and creaking old body)...so I thought...ok...one kid...I can get some stuff done. NOPE! Not gonna happen. Cuz, about 10 minutes after they left, I heard, "Uhhhh...mom....I need some help." I walk down the hall and this is what I encounter:


She had been playing with the "bubble gun" and twisted her hair up in it really good!!!! And I do mean really good! This face that you see is right before she melts down right after I tell her I think I am going to have to cut it out of her hair. She starts yelling, "NOOOOOOO! No Mom! You don't know what you are doing! Call Julie!!! Call Julie, mom!!!!"

Who is Julie you ask? Well, she is my very good friend who cuts my kids' and husband's hair. She is hilarious and we love to go get our haircut at Julie's! And Caroline wanted me to call her, then drive her (Caroline) to Julie's house with the bubble gun in her hair and let Ms. Julie fix her hair. This is sweet Ms. Julie (going up the escalator into Times Square for the first time)....

I did not call Ms. Julie....well, that is not all together true....I did call her to tell her what Caroline had said and listen to her laugh....but I did NOT take Caroline there for an impromptu haircut! After I had just told someone earlier that day that I would never let Caroline get bangs again...I found myself having to cut off so much that she has long bangs now! AHHHH! It is just hair, right?

Well, after that great night, we got excited for my brother and nephew to come visit (his wife and daughter didn't come, well, because, it is a 7 hour drive and who really wants to spend 7 hours in the car with a 14 month old?). But Bobby and Trey were coming and we could barely make it through school that day we were so excited! We had not seen them since July so we were anxious to say the least. The boys jumped right into where they left off and Caroline just inserted herself into the middle of it all!


Bobby was a texting, facebooking, twittering fool while he was here!


And Saturday night, Bobby and Mark took Will and Trey to the Tennessee vs. South Carolina game. The boys got all into it, to include the painting of faces!!!! And while their team did not win, the boys were over the moon with their first big college football game!




So, we had a fun-packed week/weekend, we said goodbye to our family member with big ole tears in our eyes, and I am finally back to posting! Sorry to have taken such a long break...I have missed you too! :)
paige

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that you paused to take a picture of that bubble gun stuck in Caroline's hair. That is hilarious. Only you....for the photo opp...love you!

    ReplyDelete