Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Being Invisible

Anyone feel like no one cares what we, as moms, do because no one really knows what we, as moms, do on a daily basis?

Sometimes, when I talk to my husband or children, I KNOW my mouth is moving...I feel vibrations on my vocal chords (ok, not really, but I said that cuz it sounded like I knew what I was talking about)...I have formed coherent sentences...and yet, no one moves, no one looks at me, no does what I just asked. HELLLLLLOOOO? Am I speaking in some foreign language? I don't understand why they don't just pick up their toys...take their plate(s) to the sink....take out the garbage.....buy me an hour long massage.....(threw that one in to see if you were paying attention).

Anyway, I have lately thought, many times, to myself, and every now and then slightly loudly out loud, that I have spent way too much time in my life doing the laundry, cooking mediocre dinners, doing the dishes, picking up toys, decorating for Christmas, cleaning toilets, and vacuuming. I am relegated to cook, maid, decorator (I use that term loosely). Is this it for me? I don't get to have fun anymore? Yeah, yeah, I know I went to see Josh Turner a couple of weeks ago...but did I mention that he only played for 45 minutes and that I was home before 9pm? See? It IS sad, isn't it?

I thought so too...until I watched this video. Yes, I know, it is almost six minutes long...but watch it. It is good. And it has motivated me to start the laundry back up...maybe tomorrow I will cook again.

Ok. Maybe not.





Blessings to you all!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. wow....still doesn't make me want to do the laundry, but wow! thanks for posting!
    xo, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, as you can see - I am way behind on commenting on people's blogs! If you read the list of all that you do - add my name to that and I feel like I have no me time. I post quick posts lately (more photos then words) and I can't ever seem to get around to reading my favorite blogs.

    So, I'm trying to catch up. I scrolled down and I've missed you this December - so I apologize. I'm looking forward to catching up. I'm also interested in this video....

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video - and had you heard my conversation with my husband at dinner tonight - you would know that I needed to hear this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. I really needed to hear it. I've seen the transcript to this written out on an email forward, but it's more powerful hearing it spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this video at MOPS last year in New Orleans. It is so true!:) but paige, you aren't invisible to me, and I'm excited for many laughs with you over christmas!:)

    ReplyDelete