Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blog Hop Christmas Pics!

It is a Mclinky Blog Hop with Christmas pictures. If you are hungry, go get a snack...I posted LOTS of pics...enjoy and I hope your Christmas was as magical and merry as ours was.

We started our Christmas celebrations with a visit to the big guy. Will was a little shy and wouldn't tell him what he wanted for Christmas, but Caroline crawled right into his lap, gave him a huge hug and told him that she loved him! :) Love that girl!





Then, as soon as school was out, we packed the car and headed out to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Pawleys Island, South Carolina! We LOVE their house becaue it is BIG, with lots of room to spread out and play with ALL of our cousins that we usually see while we are there (even though my little bro is the only one who lives in the area)!

Grandpa loves to take pictures and took this one of Caroline by some of Grandma's 100s of carolers that she has all over the house. Caroline is a big picture poser, so she and Grandpa got along great!


Grandma's house also has dress up...our little princess was in hog heaven!


Grandma and Grandpa's driveway is also turned into a baseball diamond, a basketball court, or in this case, a kickball field. Much fun was had with all the kids and Mark and Bobby (who could actually fit into the category of "kid" too). Front steps and cars were bases and there was no umpire/referee! Not sure who won overall....and there were tears and arguments and suspensions just like in real life...I don't think anyone was ejected, but I did have to sit one of mine in timeout! Enjoy the kickball show....







Check out Mark's high kick...I think he could make the Rockettes with that height...well, except he is male, and probably not tall enough, and would look really funny in the costumes!

Then, on the 23rd, my little brother took the boys to Medieval Times. My brother is very mature and would never act like a silly kid, or encourage my 12 year old nephew, Joey (in the Duke shirt) to call a Medieval princess "smokin' hot".



And he would never act like this, in public, or encourage my 10 year old nephew, Josh(in the Texas shirt) to do the same!

See, he always VERY serious and never any fun to be around!


Josh brought his nasty gerbils to the beach and scared me and Aunt Sarah terribly.
Dad had his BFF back for a few days of total bliss...they truly love and understand each other. Georgie never complains when dad works, she just lays at his feet and lovingly waits for him to take a break and take her outside. It is a joy to watch! :)
We got all dressed up on Christmas Eve and headed out to the Candlelight Service at Bobby and Sarah's church. It was a great service full of much laughter and a sweet message about finding Christ in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season.







Leigh Ann and her daughter Jenny and Caroline posing before church in front of the HOMEMADE (as in homemade dough, baked in molds and put together with homemade icing!) gingerbread houses that Leigh Ann made and the kids decorated (much to the dismay of Leigh Ann....the decorations were sketchy, in case you can't see that in the picture)!
A little drink from Will before we left for church, or maybe after we got home...I have no idea!

THIS sweet little girl got us all in trouble at the Candlelight Service with this precious face. It came out of nowhere and took us all by surprise. And sadly, I admit, it was me who couldn't get back under control for a long time! Please tell me you understand why....

Then we got home, put on our pjs and went to sleep so Santa could come and do his work!!!!!!

Which we excitedly came running down VERY early the next morning to see if, in fact, he had come! And he had...big time...7 grandkids were all visited by Santa at Grandma and Grandpa's house! Chaos is a mild way to describe their living room in the early morning hours of December 25th!

Will got a TV for his room (to hook up his Wii) and Caroline got American Girl bitty twins (insert squeal here)!

(and yes, Jenny, got the same thing...Santa was smart doing the same thing for both girls so there would be NO fighting!)



We are still a house divided...Mark loves South Carolina and I love North Carolina. My brother loves SC (and now so does his son, Trey) and I have trained Will well! :)

Bobby is also a Bengals fan...Will obviously is not! :)


Elizabeth got a princess tent from Santa and Jenny, Caroline and Elizabeth had a blast playing in it!
Joey got an electric scooter...which, according to him, took Santa two years to bring him. Love how Joey keeps it real!


Will super excited about something that Josh got...a weapon of some sort, I think!

Still my favorite picture of Christmas morning. That is a Duke Blue Devils (yes, we are a totally conflicted college sports family) hat on Josh's head and he is holding the weapon from the above picture!

On the 26th, my other sister, Leslie came with her husband and 3 kids...though I only have pictures of two of her kids for some reason!!!! (Maybe because Elijah was busy playing video games upstairs and I never made it up there to snap pics!) I got all the girls matching dresses for Christmas (baby Elizabeth got one too but I did not get a picture of her in it.. :( ). I got one to match one of their twins too...

Craft time is always a must with the girls (and Uncle Hubert).
Caroline and Hubert bonded over the fact that they are both left handed.


Micah is Leslie's youngest and absolutely precious....I could listen to him talk all day (I think)! :)
Mom got a computer for Christmas....yeehaw! This is Leslie trying to show her how to use her email! Come on, mom, you can do it!



And that is our Christmas week in pictures. I missed a lot that happened, but you get the point (are your eyeballs bleeding yet?). We left Sunday to head back home and my kids have asked me ever since we got home, "When can we go back?" I kinda feel the same way!


Happy Tuesday to you all!

post signature


MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Grandma's house sounded like a fun place to be on Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas! Nothing better than spending it with family!

    ReplyDelete