Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Recap...6 days late...

I stole this idea from a great new blogger I found...enjoy.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Took Valium (twice actually) for procedures I had done and totally had an allergic reaction to it and NEVER want it again...it did give me a good story for the blog though.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did not actually make any last year so, yeehaw, I don't have to say I broke them! :)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My hairdresser had a baby and that is traumatic because she is out of commission for a time and my hair usually needs help during that time.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What places have you visited?
Nashville, Chapel Hill, NC, Pawleys Island, SC

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A home of our own. And even more so, a much closer, genuine relationship with the Lord.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
December 18th, 2009...the day my mom got health news that rocked my world.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
I don't know that I have one of those....hmmmmm

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
new tv for den...actually Mark bought it...but that green spot that covered up the screen sometimes on the old tv was getting bigger and bigger and more and more irritating!

11. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills.

12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
American Soldier. Not from 2009, I know, but it means something to me and my family this year.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Spent more time reading the Word and in prayer.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Being cranky.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones.

16. What was the best book you read this year?
?????

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
The Blindside

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I actually had a GREAT birthday this year. I spent it at work but the moms in my room threw me a surprise party complete with a homemade birthday cake...then a sweet friend watched our kids so Mark and I could go out to eat by ourselves...then we went to Starbucks and had coffee(me) and hot chocolate (Mark)...then home to veg until our kids got back!!!!

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare...and I will not ellaborate!

20. Who was the best new person you met?
She is not necessarily new to my life in terms of never having met her, but I really got to know my (now) sweet friend Dusty much better. She is SO funny, down to earth and married to an SEC football fanatic like me! I thought our friendship was doomed because the first time we went out to eat she just nibbled....and I told her that would NEVER work. She laughed and said she had stuffed herself at a late office party and that eating was one of her favorite things to do! Score!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Fun post. Laughing about your hairdresser and how her having a baby has messed up your 'hair' life. Hehe! I'd feel the same way :o)

    Maybe you mentioned it in a post, but is your mom okay???

    ReplyDelete