Monday, January 18, 2010

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not save an announcement from a workout center for my husband…since he keeps complaining he is fat…I would not do that because that is mean!

My daughter did not get up three times the other night for water…I was not frustrated with her…I did not tell her if she got up again it would not be pretty. She did not look me square in the eye and say, “Well, you are very pretty, momma, even in bed!”

There was not a major disturbance in our neighborhood last week. There were not five police cars at a house and several others driving toward our neighborhood. I most certainly did NOT call my friend who has a police scanner and ask him to find out what was happening. That would be nosey!

I did not just give the ok for my son to play on 2 different basketball teams. I would NEVER do that…that would be crazy and totally ridiculous. What kid needs to play on 2 teams? Not mine!

I did not ask my class who took their reading test in pen because they did not put their name on it only to find out that was my key and I had forgotten to write “Key” at the top! I would never do that….I know what I am doing in my classroom!

I did not wake up the other day to my alarm clock playing, “Love lift us up where we belong.” I did not hit snooze and then awake again to “On the wings of love”. I did not then ask my husband if we could go roller skating soon. He did not think I was crazy!

My daughter did not wake up with some sort of spot on her face and when I asked her what it was she did not respond with something like this: “It is a booboo a booboo that is just there I don’t know how it happened my face just has a booboo mom so that is all I know except it itches a little but not too bad, but still it itches some but don’t touch it cuz it might hurt even though it itches, ok?” I did not just nod at her and move on because I could not understand her stream of consciousness speaking.

My husband was not, shall we say, very insistent yesterday about how beautiful I looked. And by very insistent, I mean, he did not repeat it so many times that I did not finally realize he must be after "something". So I did not ask him what the deal was...after all I was NOT in sweats or anything else that may NOT be very attractive. He did not talk about the change in my face since I have been more consistent in exercising and he most CERTAINLY did not say, "Your face looks bett--" (better) and then did not stop suddenly and bury his face in the covers. He would never say better when he meant thinner...never...not my husband who apparently opens his mouth to switch feet!



What has NOT been happening in your neck of the woods?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment