Saturday, January 2, 2010

Princess Caroline

So, the last few days I have been watching the Disney movie, "Princess Protection Program" with Caroline.

Not by choice, mind you. But because she begs for it. She begs for no more football or basketball...she wants "her shows"--girl shows! And I can't say as I blame her. I have had my fair share of sports this week, if I do say so myself. And I am a self-proclaimed sports FAN!

So, I dvr'd the movie and it has been her go-to movie the last 3 days. In turn, it is mine too because it is dvr'd on my tv. So mother-daughter bonding time has been immense. Today, I was reading while she watched it and I happened to glance up to watch her during a certain part of the movie.

She was trance-like watching every move the princesses were making to ready themselves for their "ball" (look....a sports word! :o ). She did not remove her eyes from the tv, never waivered, never glanced away for even a second.

I smiled at how "normal" this is...how she is like any other four year old who just wants to be a princess. She is caught up in the looks of a princess...the dresses, shoes, jewelry and make-up. And I began to think....

She does not have to wish to be a princess. She is royalty. She is the daughter of a king. Now, don't go freaking out. Mark is NOT a king. Well, not unless you consider king of the recliner a position of royalty. I am not talking of her earthly father.

She is the daughter of the Most High. She is a daughter of the King of kings. She is already a princess. She doesn't realize it, but she is. She is beginning to take an interest in things of God, just starting to ask questions. She is a thinker...much like her earthly father. Thinker-man was a nickname of his given by one of our closest friends. And it describes them both.

But it takes no thinking on this..she IS a princess. She must accept the role, but she is a member of THE royal family. And I pray that one day she will embrace it. I pray she will decide that truth is a much better choice than the choking belt of lies and schemes so often seen in this world. That righteousness would cover her up instead of the flimsy, low cut, belly-showing clothes of late. I pray she would not worry over sparkling Jimmy Choo shoes but be more concerned with sharing the Gospel of Peace. I pray kind words and prayers for others would be her shield and she would not fall victim to the ugliness of spreading lies or hateful words about others. I pray she would cover her head with the beauty of salvation and defend herself only with the Word of God.



I pray she realizes that her status of Princess Caroline is not to be measured by what she wears, or what she drives, or who her friends are. I pray it is found completely in who she is in Christ.



Clearly, however, she is in need of a royal dressmaker and wardrobe consultant.



"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. "

Ephesians 6:13-17



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love king of the recliner!
    We are royalty. We are kiings and priests with Jesus as our high priests. We are princesses in His eyes. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete