Thursday, February 18, 2010

All Over the Place

I have had such a great time at the beach. My parents live at the beach so I get beach with not a huge expense....only this time I did not actually SEE the beach because it has been...well....COLD!

I love this little guy. He does not belong to me--he is my nephew though. And he is ALL about Star Wars right now. He has about 712,456 light sabers and he always has one with him. If you say to him, "Come to the dark side" he will say (in THE most precious voice ever created) "NoIWillNot." (say it all fast and together...hence the way I wrote it)! And then laugh and walk off. I asked him so many times to come to the dark side that eventually, when I would just call his name, he would turn and say, "NoIWillNot." :) Love it. And right now I really miss it! Cuz he left today. :(
One of the favorites at the beach is the early morning walk we all go on...well, come to think of it, maybe it is just for me and dad. Because the others all run or bike or do nothing...so maybe it is just us. But we do it everyday unless it rains. We walk five miles...up to the Pig (Piggly Wiggly grocery store) and then home. The other day we walked up to the shopping center where the Pig is and decided to eat breakfast at our favorite breakfast joint (Eggs Up Grill) and then walk back. We aren't even ashamed about that! This week has been REALLY cold for the beach. So we look more like we are going skiing than walking...but here is a very grainy picture (from my phone) of us before one of our walks! Do you see that thing on my sunglasses in the bottom right lens that looks like a reflection of something white? Yeah...no...that would be the sticker on the sunglasses from the store where I bought them. I know...you wish you could be as cool as me!

On our walk we went down a street we don't usually go down and I almost choked on my gum when I saw this. That would be his and hers Porches in the driveway. Seriously....if you can afford his and hers....can't you afford a garage to put them in?
And then, I attempted another round of cakes balls....these might actually get to be called by their proper name which is Cake Pops! I am a rookie (can you still be called that if this is your third attempt at this?) and I was determined to conquer the "ball of cake slathered in frosting and sprinkles". So, despite some issues with some of the cake balls rolled with less love than others and therefore resulting in some cracks, I forged ahead! And while the final display won't be ready until tomorrow...here is a look at how they came out...and if you don't think this is SO beautiful...then maybe you should revisit here...
We are taking our 75+ cake pops with us to Savannah for my niece's fourth birthday party! I get to see my other sister...yeah! It has been a whirlwind...but SUCH fun! I cannot wait to photograph the display of cake pops...get ready to be amazed (ok...maybe I got a little carried away...but I will share a picture with you...I think.)

post signature

21 comments:

  1. Those cake pops look wonderful!

    Stopping by from FF to say hello.
    http://harrietandfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse to say Hi!
    I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
    Please stop by!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow Me Friday follower. Love the cake pops, super cute. My husband teaches as well, these would be a super cute snack idea for his class.

    Angela
    http://nepastealsanddeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so good, I am bookmarking the website!

    Stopping by to say Hi from Follow Friday! Now following you and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new cake bombs!...even if I didn't ever get to try them. :( Micah misses you too, and he is still on the good side...hoping you take some sunshine home with you -
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your style and the photos are fantastic...

    I found you through Friday Follow - nice to meet you!

    Would you follow me back?

    Kelly from Kelly's Lucky You
    www.kellysluckyyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday Follow.. a walk on the beach would be so nice, even if it is cold.. I live in the midwest where the best we have is a muddy river. your cake pops look great and I'm sure they were a hit! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the FF!

    LOL at the garage for the Porches. Makes me sad.... ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from the FF!

    LOL at the garage for the Porches. Makes me sad.... ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from the FF!

    LOL at the garage for the Porches. Makes me sad.... ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm your newest Friday follower!

    Come visit me at Mom-et-al.com

    -Maria

    /

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following you from the Friday Follow!

    http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found you through Friday Follow... Nice to meet you... now I'm a follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats my house and my porsches. Haha, jk!:)

    Here to follow you for Friday Follow! :)Hope you're having a great day!

    Kristy from http://www.mypetsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are so cute! What a cute treat. Fun to find your blog through FF. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from the FF!

    LOL at the garage for the Porches. Makes me sad.... ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visiting from the FF!

    LOL at the garage for the Porches. Makes me sad.... ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm following you from Friday Follow!
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, found your great blog through Follow Me Friday. I'm now following! Happy Weekend!

    http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete