Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week

I did not have two early dismissal days from school this week due to weather. One day was not for the threat of ice (which did not come) and one was not for snow (which did come!). On the last day, Friday, I did NOT have a parent get very mad at me when I told them that yes, for the second time this week school would be closing early. That parent did NOT say to me, "How many more days this week are you going to close early?" I did NOT respond with, "Well, since this is Friday, this will be our last day this week." I would never do that and then blog about it.

We did not go to a basketball game one day and when leaving the game, my husband did not try to run quickly to the car so as to not get cold. He did not, during his short jog, stumble slightly and yet never let go of my daughter's hand, which in turn did NOT drag her down to the ground. When asked about it he did not say, "Well, I used her to keep me from falling." He would never use his four year old as his balancing post with no regard to her personal safety.

I did not actually get mad that it was snowing on Friday. I love the snow. My kids love the snow. And since it is such a rare occurrence in our town, I would never actually be angry that we got two inches! I would not be angry for selfish reasons like the fact that the kids and I were supposed to leave on Saturday for my parents house at the beach! I would never act like that.

I did not leave ON Valentine's morning with my kids but without my Valentine to head to the beach. I treasure the day of love and always do everything in my power to spend it with the man I love. I would never leave him for the beach........

Want to confess anything you haven't been doing this week? Join us then!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. These all made me smile! I don't think I'll get to do Not Me today,but I'm glad I'll get to read some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think snow can get us all in a mood after seeing so much of it. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny! Love the bit about your husband. That made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually out of school due to the snow here...our 9th snow day this year so far! I usually love them, except when they interfere with my plans! I feel your pain! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete