Friday, February 26, 2010

Show Us Your Life

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Kelly Stamps does a Show Us Your Life Friday each Friday. I have only participated in one other one but I loved it. So I was determined to jump back on board this week no matter what the title was. With much anticipation I clicked on the schedule and almost couldn't wait to see what it said.

This is what I saw:

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT?

Well, darn.

I don't collect anything in particular. Well, unless you count the dust on my furniture or mail on my kitchen table or work out videos(out of their shrink wrap, but not yet overused). There is nothing on my birthday or at Christmas that I hope someone gives me so I can have the latest of "whatever."

I was bummed. I wouldn't be able to share anything. I started to shut down the computer and then I remembered I had some pictures on my camera I needed to download. So I grabbed my card reader, my memory card and then it hit me!

I do collect something!

I have begun collecting pictures. Pictures I actually take with my camera and snapshots I have in my mind. I try to take pictures of each of my children doing anything from the mundane to the marvelous. And what I have not yet captured on film I am carving into the deepest parts of my brain. The looks from my kids, be it sweet or sassy or a combination. The little comments. The times they play together so well. The caring and concern they show for others. The cuddles. The precious little things that will one day not be there anymore because they will grow out of this very phase they are in.

I used to think my life would get easier once my kids could get themselves dressed, tie their own shoes, grab their own poptart in the morning (not that I feed them poptarts in the morning...I am just saying...)--but you know what? Each stage/phase/age brings with it its own set of challenges. And each one seems to be passing by faster than ever.

So I will collect them all in my heart and hopefully most will make it on the camera. And in the meantime I will try to keep the mail, dust and workout videos from cluttering up my memory too much! :)

A few snapshots from the past two weeks:

I like to call this one: Kids and the Mafia...It Can Work.

I would like introduce you to my son, the alien.
This is my daughter watching herself in the screen of the camera!
Coloring at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
And this week...has been all about basketball for Will (and subsequently, the rest of us).

So...I am dying to know...what do you collect that I am missing out on? Do share!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Found you on FFollow... I collect rocks. They are cheap, and my 3 boys love to find me pretty ones or heart shaped ones. Your kids are supper sweet.
    Happy friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Friday Follow - visiting from Moms Own Words. Stop by soon! Have a great weekend!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!

    Stopping by from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend!

    http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I'm the same as you! I collect dust, mail and barely used work out videos! I read that part of your post to my husband and he said, "Sounds like you hun".
    I love your blog and I am so glad to have found you on Friday Follow! I am definitely following you now!!
    www.capitolheightsmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am another mail, dust and photo collector. You def. have the gift for gab, Paige.

    I loved this blog entry!! Found you on Friay Follow and am your newest follower. :)

    Find me at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete