Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wishful Wednesday



Wishful Wednesday is a fun way to think about the things in our life that maybe we think could be different...hop over to Kelsey's blog to see how this all got started!

This week's topic is:

'I wish' .... I could play a character's role in a book and it would be __________!

This was so hard for me to choose. I truly struggled for a few days over this. I love to read. And truly, I can get lost in a book so deeply that I think I AM one of the characters. I have been known to stay up all night to finish a good book and more than once, Mark has found me sobbing on the couch in the middle of the night at the end of a book.

And I will tell you that NOTHING grabbed a hold of me like the Baxter family did in the books by Karen Kingsbury. I got so lost in the Baxter family that I even started signing my name "Paige Baxter". OK, not really. But I was close.

Since I have to choose a character I feel like I should say that THIS was again, hard. I finally settled on Ashley Baxter. She is the rebellious daughter who eventually comes back to the faith she has always known. And no, this does not necessarily describe me, but I was always worried about what would happen to Ashley from book to book. I guess I can really relate to Ashley because she worries if God will forgive her for all she has done and isn't that like all of us? We wonder if He really is
that forgiving. And the good news for Ashley and for the rest of us is He really, really is that forgiving.

Redemption #02: Remember Cover

If you have not read this series, I highly recommend it. You will LOVE it. Go ahead and buy the whole series at once...you will not want to have a wait a minute to keep the story going.

post signaturefor all the Baxters! :)

8 comments:

  1. oh! I'll have to look into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read this but I may have to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series...but it sounds good :) I hope you have a great and blessed day!
    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoppin over from Kelsey's blog.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Baxter series and actually thought about reposting mine and changing after I did it. Never dreamed I would come across someone that would have picked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Kelsey's McLinky!

    Oh yes.....love this series!!! I love all the Baxters. Great choice!!!I can't get enough of them and am so sad its over :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty serious to want to change your name!! I love it!! Haven't read them though, but might add it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this one, but I love Karen Kingsbury! I also love Lori Wick. You should check her out!

    Cute blog - I'm a new follower!!

    Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another to add to my wish list!!
    Tweezle from Just One More Paragraph

    ReplyDelete