Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me Monday




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not have one of the longest days of my life last Monday. I did not struggle to stay focused once back to work. I am the teacher. I am always focused.

I did not spend three days this week driving up and down the interstate for Will's All-Star Basketball games. I did not EVER wonder what in the world I was thinking when I said, "Sure, he'd be honored to be on the team!" I live to cart my kids around town.

I did not, at the championship game, yell at the referee. I do not do that kind of thing. I am a calm spectator at sporting events. I would never, while still video taping the game, jump up and tell the referee he is awful (he was)...I am so much more in control than that!

While reading the rules for the state All-Star tournament (because, yes, oh joy, we made it to that!) and specifically the part that says, "No negative comments will be allowed by the fans directed at the teams, coaches or officials. Fans participating in this kind of activity will be removed from the venue." Will did not say, "Mom....you coulda been kicked out tonight." That is not me, I am a MUCH better role model than that!

I KNOW that all this not me stuff today has shocked you to your core...I apologize for bursting your bubble about me...but remember...it was NOT really me! :)

What have you not been doing? I promise...this is good therapy and will save you tons of money on a counselor!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. have you really forgotten what it felt like to be the athlete with the crazy parent in the stands?! You've morphed into Bob. :) Love you. Hope today is shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been procrastinating to clean my bathtub. It's not dirty. It doesn't need it. I don't hate the smell of bleach on my hands for hours....

    :)
    This is fun!!

    Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the not me post! I always find it so tricky! I am dreading the day when I have to drive kids around town for sporting events!

    ReplyDelete