Monday, March 15, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to four and another on the way and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week!!

Not Me Monday is all about revealing things you have done this week that may not make you proud as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, human...but you really feel the need to get these off your chest. You state them in a way that says you did not do it when in fact you truly have done that unspeakable thing. It is very therapeutic--trust me!

I did not find alternate food options for my family all week as opposed to cooking and eating at home. I always plan according to our schedule and I always make homemade, gourmet meals every night. I would never allow my children and husband to eat hot dogs at the ballpark, Homewreckers at Moes, or hamburgers from Steak and Shake.

I did not go on a field trip with my class to a nature center and discover the cutest "tree houses". I do not think that maybe even I, an "inside cat" by my husband's description, could live there (with the appropriate amenities, mind you! :)).





I did not get excited when the rain cancelled ALL activities for Saturday and I was left with nothing on my calendar. I did not take advantage of it by staying in my pjs almost all day! I did not allow my children to stay in the their pajamas all day either! :) That is gross, I would never do that!

I did not give up college basketball for the remainder of the season. I am not a HUGE basketball fan. I have never made plans around who is playing ball on TV that night. I would never give up something that means so much to me...with virtually no reason what-so-ever! I am not a quitter and I am big enough to be able to still love the game even though my beloved Tarheels are not in the Big Dance this year. So I would never make statements like, "Basketball is dead to me this year." or "I am not filling out a bracket." Not me...

What have you not been doing this week? This is fun...I promise.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. are you gonna' fill out an NIT bracket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you let your family enjoy non gourmet home cooked meals. Hot dogs at the ball park are a must.

    Those tree houses are awesome. Ours can be next to each other and that way when I bake you're right there to help me consume all the goodness!

    ReplyDelete