Monday, March 22, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to four and another on the way and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week!!

Not Me Monday is all about revealing things you have done this week that may not make you proud as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, human...but you really feel the need to get these off your chest. You state them in a way that says you did not do it when in fact you truly have done that unspeakable thing. It is very therapeutic--trust me!

I did not get into a wordless stand-off with my husband concerning the dishes this week. Our sink did not eventually end up looking like this: (don't judge me!)



That is gross and disgusting and highly irresponsible. I would never allow my sink to look like that! (Mom, just don't comment, it is so not worth it! And for the record, it is clean currently!)

My daughter did not cry and cry and cry on Friday night telling me, "I do know how to write a racket, mom, I do!" I did not spend about 10 minutes trying to figure out what in the world she was saying. I did not finally discover that she was trying to help "grade" Mark and Will's BRACKET for the NCAA tournament. I did not laugh out loud when I figured it out! I never have trouble figuring out what my children are telling me---why? Do you?

My son did not have two baseball games on Friday night that his team lost miserably. I did not make a comment to another mom that sounded like this: "Last year, Will did not know much about baseball but he hustled and listened. I felt bad last year because we played him up and I felt like he did not have much to offer the team at first...but this year, with these kids who couldn't care any less about hustling/listening/winning...I kinda feel sorry for myself!" I would NEVER say such a thing! That is completely self-centered. My son's team was no worse for the wear after the two loses--just for the record!



We did not take the children to the "big city" to buy cleats (for both kids) and a batting helmet (for Caroline). We were not in the store and trying on shoes and the kids were not slightly rambunctious! I did not put their own shoes back on them and tell them to stand "right there" while I got the cleats back into the boxes. They did not start running around the "track" the store has in the shoe section. I did not grab them as they attempted to glide right on by me and say to them, "What do you think you are doing? Do you know where you are?" (I was not looking for the response of "I am sorry, mom, we are in a store and we shouldn't be running)! I did not get, "Yes, mom. We are running....uhmmm, on a track."

Happy Not Me-ing! It is SO not worth it!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment