Thursday, March 11, 2010

Perspective


I loved this tree when I first saw it. It grabbed my attention. It made me stop and think. As I glanced up at this tree, my first thought was how it was the perfect tree to paint. I know that because I am such an amazing painter...LOL. But to me it represented that tree that all kids draw at sometime in their life representing winter--the bare tree. No life showing. No color. Bland. Stark.

But not dead. Just resting. Rejuvenating. Preparing.

Spring is just around the corner and soon the buds will appear on this tree and signs of life will be evident.

For now, however, there appears to be nothing. But much is happening. Much is being done, behind the scenes.

Perspective is everything.

If we only take it for what it looks like and not what it can become, then the beauty is lost. It has the potential to become a magnificent entrance into a garden of endless possibilities.

But not now.

Right now, it offers up nothing eye appealing. It does not draw you into its inner sanctuary and offer you any kind of solace or comfort. It seems cold and uninviting.

It holds a story, of that you can be sure, because everything has a story. It does not seem to have a story with a happy ending though. It screams hopelessness. It screams abandonment.


Giving up seems the easiest thing to do. What is the point of going on? Why try at this point?

Perspective. That's why.

We cannot give up now. When the path seems hard to find or too steep climb, we cannot quit. We can pause though. And dropping to our knees we can cry out to the One who can guide us back to the path or carry us over the hardest part. And as He gently sets our feet safely back down on the ground, we feel renewed; refreshed. And something catches our eye.

In the middle of what appears to be deadness all around, there is a glimmer of hope. A glimpse of life returning.

Perspective.

You could look down and focus on this:


No life. No hope. Nothing.

Or you can shift your eyes and change your perspective and see the beauty of what is to come.

Yes, I would say that perspective is essential.

"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your loving kindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress." Psalm 59:16

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Happy Follow Friday

    Following You From...
    http://bizzimommi.blogspot.com

    Hope You Come By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Follow, following you. Now that's a great picture. Come on, Spring! Hope you can find time to stop by me, maybe enter my give-away! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just popping in to follow your blog on Friday Follow. Hope you can visit mine!

    Bridgette Groschen
    The Groschen Goblins
    http://www.groschengoblins.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post! I am going to LOVE following your blog. Found you from FF! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    http://more-than-a-mommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower from the FF. Sorry so late in the game this week. I love your blog and enjoyed reading your "not me monday" I can't wait to snoop around and read more about a new blog friend. Come by and say hi and become a follower.

    http://sixcherriesontop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete