Tuesday, March 2, 2010

WHAT? Again? Seriously?

So, this morning started like every other morning for me.

Alarm goes off. I hit snooze.

Alarm goes off again. I hit snooze again.

Alarm goes off again--a little louder. I hit snooze again...a little harder.

Alarm screams to me to get my lazy hind end out of the toasty warm bed and get in the shower and get ready for work...I am tempted to hit the snooze button again but I drag myself up, go start the coffee, and head for the shower.

I get out of the shower, dry my hair (who am I kidding...I didn't have time to wash my hair cuz I hit the snooze button too many times)...go get a cup of coffee, put on my makeup and begin to think of what I want to wear.

The thoughts are too much for me so I sit down on my bed to cuddle with my covers and finish my first cup of coffee. I hear my phone buzz in purse. Hmmmm....who is texting me this early?

Pick up my phone...no text...voicemail. Well, I kept thinking....that is not good. No one leaves a message this early in the morning unless it is bad news. I call my voicemail and what do my wondering ears start hear? But the voice of lady who calls off school!!!!!

Calls off school? What? Why? Oh, right...snow was forecasted for today. I look out of the blinds...no snow, a little rain, though. Hmmmm...ok...hop back in bed and finish coffee.

Will all of a sudden appears in my room. Wide awake. Yes, I said Will. The one I have to almost beat to get up on any regular school day...so I sent him back to bed and told him no school. He almost cried. But not tears of joy. He wanted to go home with a friend today and now he couldn't! Love that! He wanted school so he could play with a friend. :)

So, after we all slept in a little more...here are the kids looking out the front door at THE BIGGEST FLAKES EVER!!!! Hope you can tell how big they were. Bigger than a half dollar...huge. According to Will...."As far as snowflakes go, these are gargantuan!"




I am currently checking my GPS location because I could have sworn that I lived in the south and by March 1st we are usually back in our flip-flops, not our snow boots (not that we have snow boots).

So once again (for like the 5th time this year)---
Happy Snow Day!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. "I'm currently checking my GPS location..." LOL!

    Cute pics -- happy snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I just said the same thing yesterday about NC. We're getting your snow after noon today. I might just be rebellious and wear my flip flops anyway! (who am I kidding..I'm not going out in this stuff....)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella gets up early on the days of no school and sleeps in on the days of school. What is with them????

    Snow in the south in March! Laughing that they call it off for that amount. Haha!

    Hope you all had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete