Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wishful Wednesday



Wishful Wednesday is a fun way to think about the things in our life that maybe we think could be different...hop over to Kelsey's blog to see how this all got started!

This week's topic is:

"I wish I could win the lottery REAL soon, and I would hope to____________."

I often have wondered this...what would I do if I hit a windfall like that? I don't play the lottery (usually-haha) and if I did I would most likely be the one who wins the whopping Power Ball amount of like $5,000. Not that $5,000 isn't a lot of money, but it isn't Mega Millions!

Anyway, I would most definitely not be working after I collect my winnings! It is not that I hate my current job, the opposite is true (it hates me...just kidding...I love my job). It is just time-consuming and very demanding. My children are young and I would love to be able to spend more time with them without stressing over my job.

I think I would find myself in the school anyway even if I quit. But I would be there as a VOLUNTEER!!!! I could come if I wanted to but I would not have to be there. I could be there for parties, field trips, field day, etc. I could also stay home if I wanted to and feel no guilt or pressure.

I could not, however, stay at home all the time. I am too much of a people person. I would have to get out there and do something. But I am not sure what it would be... I would want to make a difference, a positive impact on the lives of someone... but I have no idea who, what or where.

I would most definitely move closer to my parents...I could totally live at the beach...couldn't you?

The next bit is a total sidebar story and if you don't have time to read it, I will so not be offended! But it is a GREAT Mark story!

This whole idea makes me laugh because it is so rare that I ever have a lottery ticket in my hand and it has almost always been because it was a gift to me (though they never seem to pick the right numbers for me...). BUT, I do believe, that given the chance, my husband could become addicted to lottery tickets.

He bought some as a gag gift for a work party around Christmas time. I knew he had purchased them so the sight of them did not throw me off. However, the sight of him scratching one of those tickets was slightly odd. I asked him what he was doing and he said he had just scratched a couple of the tickets...A COUPLE?????? I quickly wrapped up what was left but not before he told me he won $23! The next day as we were leaving for a basketball game, he said he was going to stop at the gas station to turn the tickets in. That was fine with me...until he returned to the car but not with the cash but with MORE TICKETS!!! He even got the kids excited to scratch off and see if they won anything. OH my, we did. $52! I held on to those tickets and I took it into the gas station for the cash and when I mentioned to the clerk that my husband was too embarrassed to come back in for the second time that day she said, "Oh, is he the cute one in the blue shirt that was in here earlier this evening with $23 in winning cards? He said you were going to be mad...were you?"

WHAT? You KNOW him? And you are wondering if I am mad?

This has definitely gone too far!

I marched back out to the car and told Mark his lottery ticket-buying days are done! Do you know what I heard? "Oh man, dad, you win my $20---you were right, she didn't buy anymore tickets!"

Super! Now we have the kids GAMBLING on lottery tickets!

My pastor would be so proud!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. That story is hystreical! My dad used to buy me lottery tickets when I was little. I thought they were sooooo fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story. We only play if it's over $150 million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HILARIOUS! My kids have made a lot of money on my decisions, too. Don't be offended! And I'm impressed that Mark would ever buy lottery tickets. Way out of character! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We almost never play the lottery. but win all the time according to my husband who claims that he would have totally played those same numbers if we had bought a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is to funny -- I don't think I have ever purchased a lottery ticket!!!! So, I am not sure how I am going to win! haha

    ReplyDelete