Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to four and another on the way and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week!!

Not Me Monday is all about revealing things you have done this week that may not make you proud as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, human...but you really feel the need to get these off your chest. You state them in a way that says you did not do it when in fact you truly have done that unspeakable thing. It is very therapeutic--trust me!

I did not teach my students last week all about Susan B. Anthony and all she did to help women gain the right to vote. I did not stir up fierce feelings of "I am woman, hear me roar" in the girls in my room. They did not begin to stand up to the boys in the room over things that were never an issue before last week.

I did not search high and low for Easter shoes to wear with my dress on Sunday. I did not strike out at each and every store. I did not have to wear old shoes on Sunday morning.

I did not watch my son hit his first legitimate (not by way of overthrown balls or missed catches) homerun last week as we played one of the toughest teams in our league. He was excited! I did not watch his excitement double for a teammate (who had only gotten one hit so far this season) as he hit a double and then crossed home plate one play later for the first time this season! :)

I did not have Saturday all to myself while Mark took the kids to his parents' house for the day. I did not get my hair highlighted (first time in a long time) and then proceed to get 3 inches cut off. I would never cut off my hair I have grown out for so long.

I have not laughed this morning at my 4 year old as she celebrates the fact that she can now say the word comfortable correctly...she does not say "com-ter-ful"! :)

I am not loving life on Spring Break this week!!

What about you? What have you not been doing?


post signature

3 comments:

  1. have a good spring break :D and I love that you did the whole Susan B Anthony thing! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all - pics of hair pleas!!!

    Love that you got your girls all fired up! Haha!

    fun on the home run.

    I wore 'old' shoes too!

    Yay for correct pronunciation!

    Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was not p.m.s.ing, and i did not throw every item of clothing in my closet out on my bed sunday a.m. in an attempt to find something to wear to church.

    i do feel better.

    this is a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete