Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to four and another on the way and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week!!

I did not go to the ball fields everyday last week. I would never do that...that would be a crazy-silly schedule. I certainly would not plan that ever. That would just be dumb.

I did not survive a tornado filled Saturday night as a golf widow with two small children. My husband did not leave on Friday with his buddies from work for a golf weekend in the neighboring state. He did not play golf twice a day Friday and Saturday. He did not eat in a tiny town five miles from his hotel for dinner Saturday night. THAT TOWN WAS NOT HIT BY A DEVASTATING TORNADO SATURDAY NIGHT.

This is NOT the best part. I did not follow the storms across the state he was in and see that they were getting closer to his location. I did not text him to make sure he was ok. He did not respond by telling me that they had no power but they were fine--sitting around a table "talking" by candlelight. That is not as weird as it sounds because by talking he did not mean playing poker.

I did not inform him that there was a tornado and debris cloud just five miles away. He did not text back and ask me if I thought he should go to the basement. I was not tempted to write, "Uhm, no, I don't think you should--tornadoes aren't dangerous."

I did not watch a very large "spinning thunderstorm" inch its way closer to my town. I did not have to grab up my kids and make a run for it to the basement. My son did not keep me company the whole time we were in solitary confinement and my daughter did not snore through the entire ordeal. She has not argued with us all day that we are lying about going to the basement! My son did not make us stay in the basement 10 minutes passed the time the warning ended "just to make sure".

I did not stay up until the last storm was off the radar at 5am...My phone did not ring at 7 am to tell me whether we were making up Will's tournament from yesterday that got rained out. I am not dragging right now typing this. I am not watching a show I taped last night and I did not just see a weather warning come on and I most CERTAINLY did not begin to freak out again. I did not feel really stupid when I realized what I had just done!

What have you not been doing?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a weekend!! I had no idea of the turmoil and stress you were under! Super scary! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete