Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Us Your Life--Teacher's Gifts

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I love Kelly Stamps' blog. And I have been reading it for awhile. I have only participated in one "Show Us Your Life" edition...because that one was all about SHOPPING!!!!! And I try to to keep my shopping skills at their peak, by participating as much as possible in hands-on training.

But this is also one Show Us Your Life that I can definitely partake in! I have such great advice for all yall and the best thing is, I have inside information.

No, I am not a spy (but wouldn't that be fun?). But I am a teacher!

The first thing you need to make sure you do is get to know the teacher. What does the teacher like? What are the teacher's interests? What makes this teacher light up?

Then use that information to get a gift.

Gift Cards are always GREAT!!!! But make it personal still...if the teacher drinks coffee, buy a Starbucks gift card. If they are health nuts, get them a Whole Foods gift card (do they sell those at Whole Foods or is that not organic?). Put the gift card in something they love...a cup from their favorite college. A jar with their favorite candy. A basket with their favorite fruit.

If you don't like gift cards, do something more personal. For me, I LOVE when my parents offer to do things for the room and the kids to make it so much better. Helping me out/making us something/hanging the artwork in the hallway so I don't have to stay late doing it! I treasure those kinds of gifts.

If you have a female teacher, pedicures are always loved. I suppose a male teacher could love them to, but I am not sure that is a line I would cross. Just saying!

Take on the responsibility of the parties in the class so the teacher does not have to worry about a thing.

Bring them lunch every so often since they are stuck with cafeteria food every day!

Be creative. The more unique, the better! We love something personal, but not necessarily a trinket. A framed photo of the class, or your child with the teacher. I still have a photo framed in the frame the child gave me of the student and his dog! LOL

The best thing is to make the gift FIT the teacher. One size does not necessarily fit all!

And just so you know...I drink coffee. I love the LOFT. I will use any volunteer who comes asking. I am so grateful for a kind word or uplifting note. I really dig lunch from somewhere other than the cafeteria. I am a huge North Carolina Tarheel fan.

Just in case you wanted to reward me for this great advice!! :)

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I'm a teacher too. :)

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good ideas!

    I'm your newest follower popping in from the Friday Follow!! Have a great weekend.

    http://boobiesbabiesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas!!

    Your blog is too cute! LOVE IT!

    HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm joining you via Friday Follow...very cute blog!! I am your new follower. =)
    Stop by my blog and feel free to follow it if your interested.
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower from fri follow..

    if you get a chance .. come stop by..

    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent advice! I'll use this alot!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the advice, because I'm always at a loss at how to honor my daughter's teachers. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool ideas! LOL at giving a male teacher a pedicure though! Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea pedicure! NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT- BUT ITS GREAT! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete