Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleepless Night

I do realize that this picture is blurry...clarity is not what I am going for here.

You may not be able to see the names of the towns on this map, but do you happen to notice the green/yellow/red/orange blob on that map?

Well, that is what I have been up watching. All night. We have been under a tornado watch all day. It is currently 2:24 am and the meteorologists are still saying not to go to sleep, because another round is coming. This will be our 3rd major round, with the 2nd one resulting in a 40 minute trip to the basement with two sleepy kids, due to the fact that the tornado watch was upgraded to a tornado warning.

You may (or may not) be happy to know that Will sat up and watched the news stories with me while we were hiding out in the basement, but Caroline? She snored through the whole experience while curled into a ball, under covers on the floor.

I think we are out of the tornado woods now...I guess if I don't show up on the blog later on this week, you could be concerned. Of course, it could be that I got overwhelmed again. I will try not to do that to you though.

And just for the record-I HATE tornadoes and springtime thunderstorms!

UPDATED: We made it through the night and the sky is a most gorgeous shade of Carolina blue today!!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I think all that mess was above us. We had a icky, dark, rainy day all day, but no severe weather. We used to live in AL and tornado season was NOT my favorite! I really despise hurricane season as well, but at least we have notice to get out of the way!

    Hope today is calmer for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're safe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolina blue skies are the best calm after the storm! Glad you're safe!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete