Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stress Test

We have our big state testing this week. It is grueling. Two and half hours from beginning to end can wear out even the toughest kid. And it can bring even a top-notch teacher literally down to her knees.

And it is about to kill me.

I have taught my kids all they need to know to succeed on this test that covers Reading, Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. So far we can strike Reading and Language Arts off of our list. (Funny story to interject: My sister and her husband were having a talk with their kids about their favorite teachers or something like that. When my brother-in-law said who his favorite teacher was in high school, his sweet daughter asked him what she had taught him. He told her English. She looked up at him totally shocked and said, "You didn't know English!!!????" LOL)

Yeah...well, just so know, tests stress out a teacher. And, to add insult to injury, it is cold now. Really cold. Like, I totally am so glad I never take my winter clothes out of my closet kind of cold. And I am battling a migraine. And Caroline told me that she is not sure she likes my hair anymore.

"I think I will move to Australia." (can you name the book that is from?)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! My favorite!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy FF!

    I'm your newest follower! If you get a chance, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete