Monday, May 3, 2010

Not Me Monday!




Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to four and another on the way and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week!!


I was not told last week that one of our snow days this year would have to be made up by documenting our time (we need 8 hours to make up this day) passed our required eight hours a day. I did not print off my time sheet for the month and a half that occurred between the snow day and the present time. I do not already have 12.2 hours. I am not wondering if that means maybe they owe me money?

I did not spend 2 hours each day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday walking circles in my room monitoring (but not reading--cuz that would be against the rules) my students as they take the state mandated test. I do not have to do it again on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.

I did not hear my youngest child ask me Sunday after church a question that made me squirm a little. She did not say to me, "Mom, do you know that they have church at night?" I did not tell her that yes I knew that. She did not ask if we could go back that night. I did not tell her yes, but she would have to stay in the nursery. She did not say, "That is ok, I would LOVE to HELP in the nursery!" :)

On Sunday afternoon, my son did not have baseball practice. He did not come up to me after practice and ask me if he could go to AWANAS with one of his teammates because it was bring a guest night. I did not ask him which church the teammate went to. He did not tell me he did not know. Another mother did not tell me that the teammate goes to AWANAS at the church WE attend. I did not ask my son, "Are you going to go to AWANAS at your own church as a visitor when I have asked you to go all year and you have told me no?" He did not emphatically say, "YES!" I did not let him go.

What have you not been doing?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yes, they owe you money (but probably don't hold your breath waiting on a check).

    Awww, your kids are too precious about church. We only have to go every other Sunday when my hubby teaches the 2nd/3rd grade Sunday School class and I volunteer in the nursery. We've tried to skip a couple times on his off week b/c there's so much to do around the house, but my oldest calls us out on it every time and demands to go. LOVE that he does it, though.

    ReplyDelete