Saturday, June 5, 2010

Could Be Photo Overload

Ok...so I did not do a great job blogging this week. My parents were in for the weekend and I did not spend a lot of time getting blog posts ready. Then, it was the end of the school year and I was crazy busy. But I have some pics to share with you about the last week!

Here are my mom and dad and my two precious kids...
We love us some DQ around here. We went there on Monday with my parents for a Memorial Day treat and my dad took some great pictures. I would love to share them with you but he hasn't sent them to me. So you will have to settle for this one I took on Mark's birthday!
While mom was here we did some shopping. While we were at Hobby Lobby, we ran across these. It is certainly not everyday that you discover the sheer joy of knowing that they make Shotgun Shell lights...to "decorate your room, patio or balcony...anywhere you are having fun!" Can you even imagine how THRILLED your neighbors would be if you decorated your yard with these? If any of you need me to buy you some, just let me know! :)


I think I have mentioned before that I have the most patriotic family ever. Well, on Memorial Day, we went looking for some kind of sign of patriotism in the town where I live. We found it, downtown, at the courthouse.

And my kids were so excited to stand among Old Glory and pay their respects. Each flag is in honor/memory of a soldier from our county. Will, that morning, decided to put on his flight suit in honor of the soldiers and Caroline found her "flag" dress from last year and quickly put it on.
We went to eat at Cracker Barrel and Mark wanted a picture with his patriotic kids under a flag. I have a handsome family, don't I?
While I worked this week, my kids stayed at a friend's house with her kids and our babysitter. They have cats. And while Caroline did not test positive for animal allergies, her eyes swelled up pretty badly. She is so much like her daddy, it is not even funny. This picture is supposed to show her swollen eyes, but now that I look at it, I am not seeing it. Oh well.
Friday night we bummed a pool off a friend who was gone watching ball games. Mark checked the water temp to make sure the kids would not freeze to death and then they were off....

Ok...well, Will swam but Caroline not so much. She laid on the big white donut-like float and just...well, floated around. Then the thunder came so we jumped out and headed home. The kids were tired...and fell asleep about 15 minutes after getting home.

So that is us in a nutshell this week...sorry to be less than faithful with the blog. I will work on that...although be warned: "Anonymous" and her family are coming to visit this weekend...so I am making no promises!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hopping by from Friday! I am a new follower! Really great blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick.
    Have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete