Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cousin Fun!

My sister has been here this week.

She hasn't been here in 8 years. So I am soaking up all the time/conversation with her that I can. Cuz, you know, the next time she visits I will probably be retired, wearing shirts with elastic around the waist, have blue hair, eat at Morrison's cafeteria and be in bed by 6:30pm.

Don't judge her for not visiting her baby sister. She has a busy life.....

Poor thing though. I think she has met about 3293 people this week. She will never remember them all, but they will remember her! She was a hit! And I have so enjoyed her being here.

She is not my cousin though (as the title might make you think). She did bring her kids though (as well as my little brother's son) and the kids have been hanging out, fighting, loving having each other around, playing, laughing, giggling and eating! And THOSE cousins have had a blast! Here is proof!



Unfortunately, they go home today. And I am sad. My sadness won't even compare to my kids' sadness which will, in turn, lead to many repetitions of the oh so popular phrases, "I'm bored. There is nothing to do here without my cousins. Mom, can we go somewhere? Mom, can someone come over to play?.......and the list will go on and on....

Gee, Anonymous....thanks a lot! :)

Seriously, I have loved having you here and can't wait to see you again...sure hope it is soon! :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what sweet photos! I'm glad they had a nice time! Family fun is by far the best. Hope you can see them again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new here, but I had to comment! Some of my best memories as a child included visits with cousins. Your kids and your sisters' are lucky to have one another, even if they don't see each other as often as they'd like. I hope you're all soaking up the family time!

    Also, CUTE PHOTOS! I love the hugging one =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a fabulous time in Dalton! It was too short to fit in 8 years of fun!...so we'll be back soon. We are all sad and are looking forward to your arrival here in 9 days!!
    crop it out -
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete