Thursday, June 17, 2010

Encouraging Words from a Seven Year Old

My wonderful loving seven year old son came back to tell me that Game 7 is tonight between the Lakers and the Celtics and he wanted to know who I thought would win. I said the Celtics (I have no statistical reason for this...just a guess...and I look better in green and white than I do in purple and gold :) ). He smiled pretty big and said that is what ESPN said too (that the Celtics would win, not that I look better in green and white). And then he added, "And ESPN knows, don't they mom? They always get it right." (gotta love that Uncle H). He said he is so glad there is ESPN. He said they know so much because they have always been around.

I gently informed him that ESPN was not around when I was born. He fell over in disbelief. He said, "I am so glad God did not let me be born until 2002 so I could always have ESPN, because I do not know what I would do without Sports Center or all the Game Day talks!" Then he looked at me with such compassion and said, "How did you survive mom? I feel so sorry for you." Thanks bud.

For the record, I was almost 7 when ESPN started...but that just made my son look at me with eyes that screamed, "You had a pathetic childhood." My little brother (11 years younger than me) would probably sadly agree with him!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Heehee! Our deprived upbringing, right? Like my loss of a life when I don't have a charged iPhone while I'm gone grocery shopping for 45 minutes ;o)

    I also like how you choose which team will win :o)

    ReplyDelete