Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wishful Wednesday Career



Wishful Wednesday is a fun way to think about the things in our life that maybe we think could be different...hop over to Kelsey's blog to see how this all got started!

This week's topic is:

'I wish' .... I had the opportunity to change careers and it would be __________!

Have I mentioned yet that summer has started? We started with a bang and have had company here lately. I love summer. The kids are out of school. Ok, Caroline does not go to school...YET...so it is Will who is out for the summer. But even more exciting than that is that I am out for the summer. I teach school and love my job but I love that I have summers off with my kids. So at THIS given moment, I am not sure I WOULD change jobs. :) Do you blame me?

But since that would be a cop out answer and I do not dig cop out answers, I will give mine. Ironically, I do believe I have given it before. But I would change my career to.........

AUTHOR!

I have always wanted to be an author. My parents are behind my dream...perhaps more my mom than my dad. I don't know that for sure. But I do know that they bought me this book to help me along in my journey.


I laughed when my mom gave me this book, but I was immediately intrigued. So I read the introduction. My hands kinda shook as I read this part: "We're wondering if the fact that you are now holding this book might be a "God thing" as well. Have you long sensed an urge to tell stories? Do you delight in capturing words and turning them into images on a blank page? Have others often told you, "You should be a writer"? When given the opportunity, do your thoughts and feelings come together to weave stories that stay tucked away inside? You may well be a novelist, and now may well be the time to pursue that possibility."

I am slowly working through this book and I will keep you posted on my possible career change! :)

Until, then, blessings to you on this Wednesday! Can't wait to see what new career moves y'all would make!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. That is great Paige - I would love to read your stuff! I would be a Decorator and a Bible Teacher. I have really started looking at the decorating stuff. Trying to read fun decorating books and magazines this summer with what little time I have with a little boy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from wishful weds! Love your choice! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I was that good of a writer!! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are already a fantastic writer and storyteller. You just need to put it in on paper! I'll buy the first 100 copies...promise...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete