Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How Desperate Are You?

God has been doing a lot of dealing with me lately. Being laid out for a nosebleed (that still makes me shake my head in amazement) has given me time to think, ponder, evaluate. I have had to be still more so now than any other time this summer. In the stillness, God has been speaking. He is always speaking, let me clarify that. I just oftentimes get too caught up in the moments of life to hear Him clearly. He has been pulling me back to Him. Away from the pull of this world. And he is whispering in my ear...how desperate are you for more of Me?

The pull has been so strong that I couldn't resist it anymore. I love that my God is like that. He lets me wander away because He gives me the choice of what to do--but then He draws me back because He loves me and misses fellowship with me. I love that I am worth His pulling. I try to resist it sometimes, but eventually, I let my pride crumble around me and I run back. It has been that kind of time for me. He has enveloped me with His love and shown me His power and might and wisdom and grace and mercy.

I prayed on my way to church Sunday for God to confirm to me what He has been saying to me. I don't usually do that--ask God to show me a sign but I was desperate for one Sunday. And I told Him that on my way there. The anticipation I felt made it almost hard to breathe. The pastor started his lesson (Jeremiah 29:10-14) by asking 2 questions: "Is Jesus the answer? Is Jesus enough?" My heart started thumping so loudly I just knew everyone around me could hear it.

He then said something to the effect of: The God of all creation is here in our midst. He is here now--can you feel Him? I could...and I didn't want to move. Almost like moving would scare Him off like a frightened butterfly. Then my pastor asked us: How Desperate Are You? I almost fell over. I smiled thinking that the God of the universe knew I was desperate...knew I would tell Him that on my way to church...and placed that EXACT word into the sermon that morning. He is in the details. It was like He nudged me with his holy elbow and said, "Told you I was right here."

He is teaching me how important I am to Him. I don't mean that in a proud way--I am not putting myself on a pedestal. But, I think I missed that course somewhere along the way. He doesn't NEED me to do His work here--His power is great enough to complete His mission without me. But He wants me in the middle of it. He wants to bless me more than He has and in ways I cannot even imagine. I am important to Him. And I am here, now, for such a time as this. I am His daughter, His princess. I am royalty.

And so are you.

And all we have to do is give Him everything. He will treasure it, and He will bless us. His peace will wash over us. But we have to be desperate enough. Are we? Are you? Am I? I find myself coming back to this Selah song and crying out to God with the lyrics. Are you desperate enough to join me?





"10 For thus says the LORD: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive." Jeremiah 29:10-14

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Paige,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your comment means a lot to me although we've never met. Look forward to learning more about you and your family.
    God bless,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posting! The Holy Spirit is truly using you, Paige. I am not trying to flatter you, only encourage you to continue to allow God to use every part, even the broken ones, for His purposes and for His glory. Being still is totally worth it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is the other anonymous! I didn't write the earlier post but I totally agree with it. Love that you've written this one and would love to see more of these!! I am grateful that you have an open heart to the Lord leading you. Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all should get to this place in life. And to be so bold to tell others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful paige.

    isn't God wonderful the way he stirs our heart to seek him, to ask for him to show himself to us, and then he DOES!

    just a few weeks ago i was on my way to church, asking God, "what does it mean to be sanctified" and the entire message was on just that!
    i was in tears.

    may God continue to draw you and i both closer to him.

    ReplyDelete