Friday, August 20, 2010

My Heart is Breaking

So, Caroline started Pre-K....remember her fake smile? And I thought all was going well. She seemed happy when I picked her up. She told me all about her day and how much fun she had playing with her new friend. She has not been upset at night when she goes to bed and is excited to help pick out her outfits for the next day.

But then she started saying she was crying when the teachers weren't looking. And that she was just so sad to go to preschool. But she had been OK when Mark had dropped her off. And then today, Mark texted me after he dropped her off and it said, "She CRIED when I left her." Oh my.

So when I got there to pick her up, she looked so sad. She was sitting in circle time but she wasn't really participating. She saw me, jumped up and flew straight into my arms. I asked her why she had been crying and she said, "You know when you feel like you have to cry but you don't want to? Well, it was just too hard to hold all those tears in anymore. So I cried."

I picked up the pieces of my shattered heart and drove my sweet daughter home. :(

This too shall pass, right?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog via The Pleated Poppy. I read your post regarding sending your daughter to PreK. It made me teary. How sweet is she? Hang tough mom, she will eventually learn to love it I promise. My daughter was in PreK last year and is now in Kindergarten. It gets easier. My daughter also has a peanut/tree nut allergy. We have a lot in common. I am looking forward to following your blog.

    Hang in there mom!

    check out my blog at shadylanestyle@blogspot.com
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! Bless her sweet little heart! Oh, gosh, and yours too momma! :(

    Bubba did that once when he was in pre-k, except he was 3 and couldn't really tell me why he was crying. He was sitting on the floor and I saw him through the wall of windows to his class and when he saw me he burst into tears. Ripped my heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige, we had a similar experience. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Caroline just made me get all choked up!

    ReplyDelete