Monday, August 23, 2010


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. She is the mother to five and she makes me laugh and truly contemplate some pretty deep issues. Head over to her blog to read what she and her husband and precious children have been up to this week.


I did not have a slight meltdown when my four year old told me (as she did those hiccup-type cries) that she did not want to go to preschool because she just wanted to be with me. She did not add to that the reason she cries: it was not because after nap time other moms come pick up their child and I am not there. :( My heart did not break in two.

My precious seven year old did not have football practice on Saturday. He did not get there to find out that he has 27 other children on his team. Oh my. Surely the rec department did not put that many 7 and 8 year olds on ONE team!

I did not come home from work and sit down and wonder how long I had to stay awake until it was acceptable to go to sleep for the night. I would never do that--I can surely stay up longer than my kids.

I am not at all excited for my friend Renee who is right now in China picking up her sweet daughter Sarah Ren. You cannot keep up with her travelings over at her blog.

What about you? What have you not been doing?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I do not go to bed before my kids on most days. ;) I have NEVER set the timer on the stove and told my 9 year old to go to bed when the timer goes off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not spend hours working on a schedule at school today to see it not work. I did not stomp my feet and whine in the privacy of my office when people whined about every time that was presented to them. I did not rush out the door at 3:30 to escape the madness to be greeted with whines at my door because we don't have anything good for a snack. I did not worry when my daughter didn't get home from cheerleading when she was supposed to be 45 min. later. I also did not tear up while watching Hanah Montana's dad/daughter show about miliatary families being separated. No, I would never do that. I did not tear up again when I read about Renee and Tyson on your blog. I did not just spend this whole 10 min. typing up a list of all my "surely did not" do things. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids know how to make our hearts melt don't they???

    27??? Lord have mercy. Seriously.

    Cool for your friend Renee. I'm sure they are elated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. . .tonight I have not been waiting on pins and needles to find out who our fall baseball coach will be. I most certainly DO NOT want to be away from home every night during the school week so that I can NOT sit in the stands screaming and being a wacko, overly proud mom at the ball games.

    ReplyDelete