Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday

I have a public service announcement about WIWW. I love linking up and seeing what everyone wears and I think it is fun to do a blog post that does not require a lot of thinking on my part (well, except for remembering to take the pictures and all....), but I have gotten some flack from people who read my blog about WIWW.

I realize that this is not a thought provoking blog. And, yes, some of my posts are lessons that God has been teaching me and one might ask how can you write about clothes and then be all deep about God. Well, because, putting together outfits that look nice is not ungodly. In fact- I am a daughter of the King of kings and so that makes me a princess. In being a princess, I must look the part. Yes, it is more important for me to look the part in my heart, but I don't have to be a bum because I love Jesus.

I am not saying in order to love Jesus you have to be cute and stylish--but on the flip side you can also love Jesus in cute outfits and accessories.

And now, without further rambling, here is WIWW--link up over at Lindsey's blog and check out the style all around the world!


Dress: Ann Taylor
Jacket: Loft
Jewels: Silpada
Flops: Old Navy

Shirt: The Limited
Pants: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Naturalizer
Camera Strap: Shey B

Shirt: Steinmart
Jeans: Buckle
Shoes: Naturalizer


Shirt: Loft
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Belt: Gap
Kookie foot pose: ??


Shirt: Loft
Pants: Loft
Shoes: Naturalizer
Jewelry: Silpada

post signature

16 comments:

  1. Love the outfits! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say link up and participate all you want! Not everything on a blog has to be deep and heavy. We all need to have some fun sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your public service announcement, Coz it's totally true! I love Jesus AND I love to look cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Ann Taylor dress. I wish I could wear that style, but I don't think it looks as cute on me as it does you!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Love the Ann Taylor dress. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, as one who does not accessorize and rarely dresses up more than sweats, I say, emphatically, GO FOR IT! If it weren't for people like you (who inspire and are creative in your dress), I would have no hope for my fashion sense. You give me ideas and sometimes, a good chuckle. :) I love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha - I love Jesus and love looking cute, too. Fun statement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh for goodness sakes. Really? Your blog should be you being YOU, and no one but you can (or should)define what that is. I love your faithfulness AND your style. You're completely adorable... and, BTW, did you get your hair cut? It looked different, especially in the outfit w/the black/white stripes(LOVE it).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I say that dressing up and looking cute shows God you are grateful for the beautiful body He gave you and shows that you want to take care of what He blessed you with! Keep linking up, you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are adorable...love that black and white tunic/tank! And you are totally right, WIWW'S aren't about being vain, they are more about the connection and feeling good about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the dress, love the belt, love your kookie foot pose!

    so cute.

    and yes, you can love jesus and be cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not Christian, but a religious Jew, but I can totally relate to what you're saying--being modest and godly doesn't mean wearing a paper bag AT ALL. Taking pride in presenting yourself is a good thing in my opinion:) And I just find these posts really interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm visiting from my friend Brandi's blog. I agree that you loving our God does not mean we do not have the desire to be cute. I think God puts that desire in us myself, of course you want to embrace the things he gave you!!

    My fave outfit is the last one, love the pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute outfits! I love the third one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your style. i love your wiww. and can we go shopping together?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. People actually gave you flack about these? Hopefully they weren't serious!You look great this week, as usual. Did you get a hair cut???
    Keep blogging however you feel. Nobody should set the standard or norm for your personal blog! Being spiritual doesn't mean you can't have fun and enjoy life and pay attention to what you wear. You are a daughter of the Most High King and you should dress your best to represent him!!!
    Kookie foot poses and all :o)

    ReplyDelete