Friday, September 10, 2010

I Always Thought....

I always thought I would have tons of kids.....but I now realize two works just fine for me.

I always thought I would drive a sporty car.....but I drive a minivan.

I always thought I would move more than once in my married life....but I have lived in the same house for the past 12 years.

I always thought I would be a radio announcer.....but I teach school.

I always thought I would go on another mission trip.....but my last one was decades ago.

I always said I would never say, "Because I said so" when I had my own kids.....but I have.

I always thought I would live in an old farmhouse.....but I, well, don't.

I always said my kids would not play football or cheer....but they both do.

For all of the things I always thought but that never came to pass, I am grateful. For all of the dreams I am still waiting on, I am hopeful. For all of the what-ifs, if-only's and and just maybes that never panned out, I am thankful.

My life is just what it is supposed to be, where it is supposed to be, and how it is supposed to be.

I am blessed.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Yes you are blessed and yes it's a good life. And yes it's different than you thought. And yes, there's more to be hopeful for (like moving to CH! :))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking on this topic lately. If at any time in my past I have said, " I will never....." God seems to make it happen! ha! So now I have learned to keep my mouth shut and mind open to what He has planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you wrote this just for me! Love it! Yes, we are all so blessed. More than we often realize. God is perfect when? All the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! That's the story of my life! It's so great to recognize that God's plan is always so much better than the plan we design. Makes me think of Proverbs 3:5-6. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder...sometimes we just need to be content with where we're at and what we've done...it is what it is and yes you're very blessed. Saw you on blog frog and I'm your newest follower. Cute blog!!! ~Kimberly

    www.stinkerpinker.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so glad i am not what "i always thought." i never thought much would amount from my life. BUT GOD. my life is more than i ever dreamed.

    thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drive a minivan too and girl I'm telling you. Let your hubby stay in his house and move to Colorado. I realize that doesn't help build a strong marriage, but it's gorgeous here :o) Besides, I need a coffee partner :o)

    ReplyDelete