Sunday, September 5, 2010

It Only Takes a Spark

Do you remember that song? "It only takes a spark, to get a fire going. And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing. That's how it is with God's love, once you've experienced it...you want to sing, it's fresh like spring, you want to pass it on."

Not one of my favorite songs but it does have a good message. God's love is sweet, like a small, illegal campfire on the first brisk fall-like night wherever it is you live. Will thought it would be a good idea to roast some marshmellows around a fire tonight so we did.

This is the view from up on the top deck.

Mark said it was safe...he put rocks around the fire, after all! :)
The kids as close to the fire as they would get before we started the roasting.
Caroline would not get too close but she wanted her marshmellow to catch on fire each time she roasted one.
Will loading up his stick.


Mark was getting another stick ready for either him or me...I can't remember. I am coming down off my sugar high and my memory is all foggy!
Caroline decided that the best way to eat a mushy marshmellow was to cram the whole thing into her mouth at once!
Three of us trying to obtain marshmellow perfection.
And there it is...the perfect combination of toasted, mushy bliss!

Yum! Yum! Here's to more fall-like nights and more illegal campfires...maybe next time we will add graham crackers and chocolate to the party!!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. The song just brought back memories from youth camp in the 90s! I love fall! Hanging out by a campfire is an awesome way to spend a fall evening. Don't you just love the cooler weather? I do! It's finally started getting cooler in TX :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe those are on the detox...but they sure look good! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you lawbreakers! ;) I demand to know where our cooler weather is??? YUM, I want smores now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did this Friday night, too! I took pics hoping to do a blog post, but I've played a little too much this weekend. Fun stuff with great weather...football weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is the chocolate? where is the graham cracker? better yet, where am i???

    sometimes we start firs outside our house just so we can eat s'mores.

    your cool people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE cooking over a campfire.
    Maybe that's just one of the reasons working at a camp this summer was the most amazing summer ever!

    Hope you have a good autumn!

    ReplyDelete