Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dreading Saturday!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...oh wait! That is Star Wars! My bad.

A long time ago, I signed up for a class called Run for God. It is a program where you use your running to witness to those around you by sharing His love and grace with other runners, walkers, etc. I struggle to do that while running as I am breathing so hard and focusing on not passing out or throwing up, but I have been asked several times about it. I feel honored to be able to share with anyone all about the ONE who makes life so worth it!

Most people who know me, know I HATE to run. Hate may not be a strong enough word. Which is exactly why I signed up...read more about that here. I really never thought I would stick with it long enough to make it to October 16th where I had to run in my graduation race. But alas, I have. And I have to. Tomorrow.

TOMORROW!?!?!?!?

I do not think I will sleep tonight. I am a nervous wreck. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up. Seriously.

And to top it off...my running buddy has hurt her leg and can't run. :(

So if you think of it...Saturday morning....8:30am....say a really long prayer for me. I will need it. I just really don't want to come in last---like I did in the third grade---in the last race I ran--where my running buddy (Anonymous--that was you) backed out on me at the last minute.

AHHHH! He is faithful though...even when I lack any faith. Can't wait to share with you how He shows up tomorrow.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK girl! I think that is fantastic! :)

    This may sound completely ridiculous, but how do you breathe when you run? My parents used to be into running BIG time. Like marathons and crazy crap like that. They 'taught' me how to run. If you're not already, try breathing in a pattern... out, out, in, in. Sort of little short breaths (think like breathing when in labor). It helped me tremendously!

    I'll be thinking of ya... I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate running too, and i think i think running feels the same about me.

    good luck tomorrow. it's not about when you finish the race, it's about the journey- the run itself.

    go with God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are going to rock this! I can't wait to hear about how you did!! I love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete