Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day Lonnie!

Today is my big sis's birthday. I won't post her age...the only thing that is important is that she is older than me. And always will be. :)

But other than making me feel young (because I am younger and clearly not as mature), she has been the best biggest (oldest...not largest) sister a girl could ask for.

Leigh Ann is woman of few words. When she speaks, you listen, because she does not often speak. :) Well, maybe that is not all together true...she speaks significantly less than I do. And she is not goofy or immature...that's me...and I know I irritate her with my silliness and all my hugs...cuz she is not a hugger either! She got stuck with an annoying little sister but I am so glad I was blessed with such a great one!

She has always been an amazing sleeper. You could drive a motorcycle through her bedroom wall and she would simply roll over and keep on snoring sleeping. Because she was such a great sleeper, when she would come home from college I would always wait until the morning (when she was in a deep, deep sleep) to ask her if I could wear her clothes. Amazingly, she always said yes, but never seemed to remember it in the afternoon when I came home with her clothes on! :)

Thanks Leigh Ann...you kept me looking good in middle and high school!


When I left for college, my parents moved 12 hours away from me (I tried really hard not to take that personally). Thank goodness, though, my sister got married that year and moved 2 hours away from me. I spent many, many, many, many a weekend at her house. She cooked for me, took me out to eat, took me shopping...she made me feel loved--even after I had been such an annoying little sister.

Oh! And she is a puzzle-solver extraordinaire. And with such a chipper attitude.
She has three GREAT kids. My kids love her kids.

Her kids love her because she is such a great mom...


The only thing she may have spoiled beyond repair is her dog...Georgie. Georgie gets carried around like a baby wherever she goes...especially during thunderstorms. She is lucky she is such a sweet dog...
Leigh Ann, I hope today is a great day for you! You deserve it. You are an amazing woman of God, an awesome wife, a killer mom and the best biggest sister ever.

I love you!

Happy Birthday!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Great tribute to Leigh Ann, Paige. Not as great as mine, but then she's not nearly as old as I am! I'll be praying for her to have a great birthday, too. Happy Birthday, Leigh Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe y'all tote that dog around! HAHAHA!

    That was very sweet! I hope your sis has a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who that first anonymous post was from, but it's not me...the original anonymous. Love the post. And love Leigh Ann. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your big sis! Sounds like you have a great relationship!

    What's with the kid sleeping on the rug in the bathroom? Hehe!

    Georgie is one blessed pup!

    ReplyDelete