Sunday, December 5, 2010

GUEST BLOGGER!

I got an email from one of my sisters and she added a dare to the end of it...I am a sucker for dares, so I went for it. Here is her birthday serenade to me. Don't even ask about the end of #2...I will not share...not even with a dare! Thank you Leigh Ann! I love you!


Let me preface this by saying...I am not a writer...not even close. But I felt it would be a crying shame not to sing the praises of my youngest sister on this her birthday as she has done for the rest of her family (and sometimes extended family, right Charlie?) on their respective birthdays. So here goes...

#1 Paige has never met a stranger. She can talk to anyone about anything. I like to tell her that she could talk to a tree if she had to, but what I secretly mean is that I am envious of her abilities to communicate and disappointed that I did not inherit those same capabilities. Of course, I did manage to use this to my advantage when we were younger. Paige was easily coerced into getting answers to my questions from adults when I was too intimidated to do that. I am quite certain that she has at least met everyone in the city in which she lives. Had she continued to live the military life in which she grew up, I am positive she would have met and had a meaningful conversation with half the world's population by now.

#2 Paige's head is filled with words. Obviously, this helps her with #1. But beyond holding conversations with complete strangers and teaching elementary children every day, Paige can put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard and create belly- laughing and/or deep, soul-searching stories and poems in just minutes. Facebook, Twitter and blogging were created for Paige so that she would have an outlet for the running commentary in her head. Someday, when she retires from her first career...mark my words...she will be the next greatest Christian fiction writer (immediately following the release of her first biography entitled The Seigle Family Diarrhea Diaries- make sure you don't miss the autobiographical chapter!).

#3 Paige is the greatest prayer warrior I know. Now, let me qualify this by saying that I live in a family of prayer warriors. We all pray for each other, our families, friends and even acquaintances on a regular basis. However, when you ask Paige to pray, you aren't just getting Paige...she passes prayer requests to everyone she knows. How many people is that, you ask? See #1. So, instead of getting one prayer warrior (which is powerful in and of itself) you are more likely getting a prayer battalion or brigade!!! Now that's some fire power!!!

There is so much more that I could say about Paige...her sense of fashion, her competitive nature, her love of family, etc, etc. It has taken me hours just to write what I have here, because once again, I am not a writer! Let me close with one final thought...

Paige never turns down a dare. Therefore, Paige, I dare you to post this to your blog so that everyone can catch a glimpse of who you are to me. Love you sis! Happy Birthday




post signature

3 comments:

  1. love that dare! Thanks for writing it Leigh Ann!! And while Anonymous would figure prominently in the Seigle Family Diaries....I beg you to withhold.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birrrthdayyyyy toooo youuuuu!

    what a wonderful post by your sister. she delights in you, that is lovely.

    be blessed this new year, and live in the fullness of God's love "better than life" every new day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little behind on my blogification these days, but I totally agree with Leigh Ann. She's amazing, and she's such a blessing. I'm glad I get to be in the extended family as previously mentioned! Thanks for writing what we all wish we could have, Leigh Ann!

    ReplyDelete