Monday, January 24, 2011

Thirsty?

We have had completed one day of our big conference at church called Thirst. It is a group of people who are a part of Life Action Ministry who give up their lives for a year and travel around the country putting on these life changing conferences. It is amazing.

I have been thinking a lot about my thirst level...how thirsty am I for the things of God? I SAY I am thirsty, but do my actions coincide with that?

It's like my complaints about my appearance. I am very outspoken about not liking how I look right now but do I get up and do anything about it? Let me answer that for you. No. Sure it has been unreasonably cold here in the south, complete with buckets of snow and ice. But does that mean that the treadmill downstairs in my basement doesn't work? Let me answer that for you. Uhm, no.

I can SAY I want to be close to God. I can SAY I want to hear His voice. I can SAY I love Him more than anything else...but do I? I am busy...just like many of you are. Life has a way of taking over our life, doesn't it? Work, school, homework, meal preparations, practices to shuttle back and forth to, weekend activities, date nights (what are those?!), time with friends...we fill up our calendars with life and find at the end of the day/week/month we have not had time for God. But I will admit there are many times, even with the busyness of the day that I choose to veg out in front of the TV to "relax" before I go to bed. I could use that time to hang out with the Creator of the Universe. I could cut some non-essentials out of my life, but I don't. I could pray more, listen more and talk less.

I have to be deliberate in my time with Him. I do want to hear His voice...but I have to clear my mind and get away from the pull of the world in order to do that. I am thirsty for Him to fill my cup. And I want it to overflow...

Are you thirsty for Him. Go spend some time with Him. He is waiting. I know, because He has been waiting for me.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm thirsty. I'll be praying for you as you seek to carve out this time with the Creator. Love you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete