Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not a What I Wore Wednesday

Not posting a What I Wore Wednesday post today. Instead, my heart is breaking for the McRae family.

Have you heard of Kate McRae? She is pictured below with her family. She is that precious five year old sitting beside her mom. Next to her big sister, Olivia. Two down from her brother Will and her dad.

This picture was sometime before June 2009.

(photo from caring bridge site)

In 2009 she was diagnosed with a very malignant, aggressive brain tumor called a supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor or sPNET. She went through treatment and seemed to have this whole thing under control.

This family has just been told that Kate's brain has unidentified spots on it and that her cancer is most likely back.

They are devastated. And this go around, sweet Kate understands what is happening. Her question, asking her daddy why Jesus hasn't healed her, is so heart breaking.

I don't know this family personally but my heart has been burdened for them for since June of 2009. Maybe because their Kate reminds me of my Caroline. Maybe just because it seems so wrong that a sweet five year old (at the time of her diagnosis) is having to suffer through such a battle.

I don't understand it. I never will. But I am not made to understand it. I am made to trust the One who does have a plan- the One who holds the whole world in the palm of His hand and holds little Kate too. He is on His throne. He is still loving and kind and caring. And He is still powerful enough to heal Kate.

She recently celebrated her 7th birthday. Her dad wrote on Twitter, "Time to celebrate #katemcrae birthday .it's gonna be crazy, I never had parties like this BUT I never had this much to party about"

(photo from Twitpic)

Will you join me in praying for her and her family today?

(photo from caring bridge site)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I have followed this family since June 2009, however, I haven't read the site since probably December. My heart is deeply saddened by this. I will be praying for a miracle of grandest size for this sweet family. Thanks for sharing Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely start praying for her and her family. How incredibly heartbreaking! I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete